Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 11:39:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Homeland
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Homeland  (Read 3769 times)
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »

Did anyone see the episode in the second season when "Sergio Leone" and "Once Upon a Time in America" were name-dropped?

(Please - no spollers in any responses. I'm only on the second season and don't have time to binge watch so am slowly working through them)

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:59:55 AM »

I think Mrs. Cusser has that 2nd season, which episode is that which has that reference, I can re-watch?  Thanks.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:20:03 PM »

Episode 4. I'm wondering if there is any significance behind the reference. Maybe someone involved is a fan? Maybe it's just a way of saying that "once upon a time in america" all this Homeland craziness went down.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:03:19 AM »

Yeah I watch the show Novecento - the first few seasons were about a US soldier who was captured and held captive in Afganistan
for a number of years - he gets brainwashed and is sent back to the US as a sleeper spy/terrorist (they think he escaped) - the writer of the OUATIA episode was seemingly making a reference to "betrayal & assumed identities".

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/10/29/1102681/homeland-3/

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »

Yeah I watch the show Novecento - the first few seasons were about a US soldier who was captured and held captive in Afganistan
for a number of years - he gets brainwashed and is sent back to the US as a sleeper spy/terrorist (they think he escaped) - the writer of the OUATIA episode was seemingly making a reference to "betrayal & assumed identities".

http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2012/10/29/1102681/homeland-3/

Thanks for the link - yes that makes a lot of sense.

By the way - you should add a big SPOILER alert to your post for anyone who hasn't seen the show yet. It's not until towards the end of the first season when you really start to figure out exactly what Brody is doing.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 11:09:54 AM »

Really? 

I thought we found out early on - apologies - it must have been about 5 years ago I watched the first season.

Maybe best for the mods to delete or modify this thread.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 12:27:19 PM »

Really? 

I thought we found out early on - apologies - it must have been about 5 years ago I watched the first season.

No apologies necessary, it was already after about half of the first season.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »

Thanks Stanton - I think I may have worked it out early on - personally I thought that particular story started to drag on a bit
but it's an amazing show with an outstanding female performance Afro

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 02:51:22 PM »

No apologies necessary, it was already after about half of the first season.

Sure - but my point is that if you haven't watched the show at all, then the earlier post has basically "spoiled" the plot of the earlier episodes.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »

I get that Nov Afro
But we're on to what the 6th season?
If anyone was thinking (now) of watching Homeland and googled  "TV Homeland" it would be very difficult not to catch a spoiler💡
I made a simple mistake & apologised for it - but let's not make a movie out of it!
Plus the stuff that comes after what was "mentioned earlier"  IMHO is far superior and worth watching just for that particular story/stories thread Afro

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »

No prob - I'd heard good things but am only catching up with it now. It's a great distraction from the daily grind.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM