Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 07:12:45 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 48 49 [50]
: Li'l Duce's Reviews Palace  ( 103622 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #735 : September 03, 2018, 01:00:53 PM »

The Mack (1973) Ambitious but not delivering blaxploitation flick. The main problem is that you don't what the story is aiming at: to show the rise and fall of a pimp? Yeah, the story might be aiming at just that but there's no show. Crime story, yes a little of it but in 2h of film there is very little of it. I'd say the movie best asset is documentary: to show how black people dressed and talk in the '70's. But probably something better is out there to be found. 5/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #736 : September 11, 2018, 03:16:39 PM »

John Carter (2012) Good timewaster though with nothing you haven't seen before. Overlong, as usual, but with a good finale. 7/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #737 : September 12, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »

American Moon (2017) Italian documentary on the Moon Hoax, it persuades me that there is something fishy about the whole business. The most important issue, in my opinion, apart from the pictures supposedly shot there which are evidently fakes, are  the reactions, at the end of the movie, of the three astronauts of Apollo 11 , at the news conference after their comeback (they look like they have lost a parent) and when they are asked by an movie director to swear they really have been up there and they run away. What keeps me from falling for the whole plot theory is the fact that too many people (and surely not as dependable as the 3 austronauts would have been: I'm referring to those who shot the "movies" who should have been Hollywood pros, surely not inclined to secrecy) would have had to be involved in the  shenanigan and nobody has yet come to the fore. Same for the other plot theories. Anyway it is interesting even if more that 3 h long. 8/10

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #738 : September 30, 2018, 09:54:06 AM »

Cloportes (La métamorphose des cloportes) (1965)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059491/

There is a reason if this one is not as well known as other french crime movies. And it is that it is a not well concocted mixture of comedy and noir. It is not as brilliant as "Les tontons flinguers" and not a good revenge movie as "Le deuxième souffle" or "Grisbi". A pity because Boudard/Simonin/Audiard (and Ventura) should have granted an excellent product. Worth watching but I can't give it more than 6/10, hoping that the novel will clarify some points not very clear of the plot.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #739 : October 05, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

Mission: Impossible. Fallout  (2018) Overlong, as is usual nowadays. And "impossible" to follow the plot, unless you want to pay attention: which is not why you watch timewasters like this. But the Paris scene and the choppers chase and the final fight make this one a must for the fans of the series and of action movies. 7/10 

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #740 : October 06, 2018, 12:51:15 AM »

Misssion:Impossible (1996) I had missed this so far, at the time because I couldn't put up with Cruise. No great loss. It is funny how the gadgets (state of the art, or about) look more outdated than, say. the Connery-Bond's of 30 years before. Still a good time-waster with some good action scenes, like the one in the CIA vault (an updating of the one in Topkapi) and the final one.  7/10

: 1 ... 48 49 [50]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines