Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2020, 08:24:04 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Mildred Pierce (1945)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Mildred Pierce (1945)  ( 4457 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #15 : May 19, 2020, 11:13:10 PM »

Eddie Muller's intro https://youtu.be/GwYRzIL0ntY

Eddie Muller's outro https://youtu.be/2h2N7CaMT8E

I'm surprised that Eddie, who is usually harsher on happy endings, is ok with this one. Having the first husband come back is just too perfect. Even if they didn't go the extreme of having Mildred kill her daughter, how about just having Mildred dejectedly walk out of the police station. Having the first husband come back, maybe they're going to live happily ever after, not the best ending for me.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #16 : May 20, 2020, 03:02:51 AM »

Whenever you get the chance, I'd genuinely like to hear your theory on shortening LOA because I definitely think it needs it.

Cut out the empty, desert sequences. lol

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #17 : May 20, 2020, 05:49:47 AM »

Whenever you get the chance, I'd genuinely like to hear your theory on shortening LOA because I definitely think it needs it.
After the post-funeral testimonials, jump to Lawrence leaving Arabia.

Of course, I'm joking (as was CJ). I don't really have a plan.

However, did you see the Soderbergh cut of 2001 he had up on his website temporarily (until the rights holders made him take it down)? He gets the whole film done in about 90 minutes and it really works.

Even better, his cut of Blow-up got rid of all the mimes. A really, really huge improvement.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #18 : May 20, 2020, 02:00:52 PM »

After the post-funeral testimonials, jump to Lawrence leaving Arabia.

Of course, I'm joking (as was CJ). I don't really have a plan.

However, did you see the Soderbergh cut of 2001 he had up on his website temporarily (until the rights holders made him take it down)? He gets the whole film done in about 90 minutes and it really works.

Even better, his cut of Blow-up got rid of all the mimes. A really, really huge improvement.
I knew that Soderbergh was making his own cuts of movies, but I never checked any of them out. I really hope this becomes less frowned upon in the future and these fan cuts could become included on home video releases as extra content.

I might have to search around for the 2001 cut.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines