Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 07:41:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  800 balas aka 800 Bullets (2002)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 800 balas aka 800 Bullets (2002)  (Read 8500 times)
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2004, 11:39:48 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292886/

Bought it 2 weeks ago. It's some kind of western comedy. All filmed in Almeria, Spain at the film park Texas Hollywood.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808591030&intl=us

Very funny movie  Cheesy

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:58:29 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 04:44:50 PM »

Anyone seen this film? I came across it in the video store yesterday, and it looked kinda interesting, but I'd appreciate it if someone on this board can vouch for it. Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 04:49:02 PM by dave jenkins » Logged

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Danny
Bandido

People scare easier when they're dyin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 04:00:08 AM »

http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=1254.0

Dave, it's a kind of western comic. All filmed in Almeria Spain. It's shot in the park Texas Hollywood, which is still used for movies and commercials. It's very different from regular westerns, but I think you will like it. Especially the small kid is briljant. Cheesy

HEX
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 12:04:15 PM »

i thought the little kid was annoying

great film though

the main character is hilarious especially when he reminices of earlier days with clint

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »

Saw this tonight, the opening sequence is fantastic & shows how good Almeria still looks for Westerns, and the title sequence that follows is brilliant. Over all  a bit dumb at the end but its entertaining  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:26:11 PM »

There's some very good T&A on display as well  Afro

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 07:45:08 PM »

Yea T&A&B  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:24:56 PM »

Yea T&A&B  Afro

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/movie.php/12132
 Afro

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 11:10:02 PM by The Firecracker » Logged

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »

Afro

T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »

It starts off decent enough but the movie never really captures an identity. A new cut certainly wouldn't hurt.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 12:20:29 PM »

I saw this movie last night, and I would describe it as a nostalgic tribute to Almerķa and the Spaghetti Westerns of the 60s and 70s, but with a very clear message to the film industry. If we pay attention to the opening scene, to the comments made by the locals contradicting the village's mayor views, to the attempt to develop the area into an amusement park, etc, we will notice what appear to be a number of hints addressed to movie producers, directors, etc, telling them that Almerķa is still the place to make westerns, but maybe not for too long if development and agriculture take over the area.  The excellent opening scene shows that some of the old scenery around Tabernas that we Spaghetti Western fans are so used to see in movies still remains intact, but many other areas are already being used for agricultural purposes (greenhouses). The movie also shows that there is plenty of cheap labour in the area (mostly Moroccans and Algerians working in greenhouses). I'm not sure if I am looking too deep into the movie's messages, but I also thought that the phone call to Clint Eastwood and his late arrival to Tabernas could be taken as "if you don't come soon, the genre will die forever".

I think most people in this forum would enjoy watching this movie, so I will not add any more spoilers.

Panache
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »

ths was a major disapoint to me

here ya got all these characers frm SWs you could hav fun wit, an they turn it into a soap opera - i was expectin a lot mor laffs thn i got

th film coulda used som of th orig people frm these movies- i coulda seen Hill an Spencer in ths, playin straght, an som of th guys who playd villains playin it fr comedy

thy had a couple cool recreation scenes, an th Clint payoff at th end, bt by thn it was too late

O'Cangaceiro
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 03:23:58 PM »

To some, this movie is a comedy; but to me, it is actually a drama. The way I interpret the movie is:

Sancho Gracia represents the past of the Spaghetti Western and the movie industry in Almeria, and even the people from the Tabernas area in general. He and many others contributed a lot to the film industry success, and it was thanks to people like him Leone, Clint Eastwood, etc, became rich and famous. However, once they made the bucks and left, he remains forgotten in Tabernas and struggles to survive, although very proud of his past.

The kid represents the future. He admires his grandfather and would like to be like him in many ways but not in others. He is willing to give it a try if he was just allowed.

The kid's mother represents "progress and development". She does not care for the future of the area, only of "what is in it for me now". She is also resentful about the past, blaming her father in law for her husband's death.

Clint Eastwood also represents the many men and women who became rich and famous thanks to the support given by Almeria to the SW film industry in the 60s-70s, but later never came back and invested their money elsewhere. The fact is, Clint made several Westerns after he finished his career with Leone, but none of them was made in Almeria. And by the time he could come back, the genre who made him famous has died. I read on the IMDB that Clint was offered to play himself in the film, but he declined. The official reason was that he was involved in the production of Mystic River, but I wonder if the reals reason was that he felt somewhat guilty of the message the movie was sending. Let us remember that Clint's appearance in the movie is a very short scene (just a cameo), and Alex de la Iglesia even offered to move to LA to shoot Eastwood's part.I find it hard to believe that Clint could have been so busy that he could not do a few minutes cameo.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:07:32 PM by Bandolero » Logged
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »

haha,  Afro

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
Panache
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »

To some, this movie is a comedy; but to me, it is actually a drama. The way I interpret the movie is:

Sancho Gracia represents the past of the Spaghetti Western and the movie industry in Almeria, and even the people from the Tabernas area in general. He and many others contributed a lot to the film industry success, and it was thanks to people like him Leone, Clint Eastwood, etc, became rich and famous. However, once they made the bucks and left, he remains forgotten in Tabernas and struggles to survive, although very proud of his past.

The kid represents the future. He admires his grandfather and would like to be like him in many ways but not in others. He is willing to give it a try if he was just allowed.

The kid's mother represents "progress and development". She does not care for the future of the area, only of "what is in it for me now". She is also resentful about the past, blaming her father in law for her husband's death.

Clint Eastwood also represents the many men and women who became rich and famous thanks to the support given by Almeria to the SW film industry in the 60s-70s, but later never came back and invested their money elsewhere. The fact is, Clint made several Westerns after he finished his career with Leone, but none of them was made in Almeria. And by the time he could come back, the genre who made him famous has died. I read on the IMDB that Clint was offered to play himself in the film, but he declined. The official reason was that he was involved in the production of Mystic River, but I wonder if the reals reason was that he felt somewhat guilty of the message the movie was sending. Let us remember that Clint's appearance in the movie is a very short scene (just a cameo), and Alex de la Iglesia even offered to move to LA to shoot Eastwood's part.I find it hard to believe that Clint could have been so busy that he could not do a few minutes cameo.

thy sure seemd ta be marketing it as a comedy, if i remeberd th DVD cover right

thy coulda got all those points across just as easy if it was a satire(an not as boring

i got th message wit Dr Strangelove- ABombs=bad thing- an dint nod off watching it

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM