Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:17:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blueberry (2004)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blueberry (2004)  (Read 10815 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 04:44:48 AM »

One of the things I liked about this was the fact that it was well made and it was an attempt to do something in the genre, it took a chance on a different take, lol, I guess the Native American Shaman/Euro/Western. Somebody was willing to put some bucks into it, and it got a pretty much 50-50 reception, either its liked or its panned.

The main thing is  it takes a new tact and its an effort to revive the Euro/SW Genre, and I applaud all attemps. Eventally one of them may hit on all cylinders.

At any rate its way better than the likes of dialog driven soap opera's made for TV Westerns we are getting like the recent Broken Trail.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:33:00 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 02:54:19 PM »

At any rate its way better than the likes of dialog driven soap opera's made for TV Westerns we are getting like the recent Broken Trail.

Thank you CJ!!!   Afro

You MUST write to AMC and tell them the proper way to make a western:

Cut the dialogue, take the romance out of the main plot, use memorable music not tacked-on stuff, and for God's sake, SHOOT SOMEONE!!!   Roll Eyes

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 10:44:08 PM »

Seen last night. There are things I like in this movie (they've been enumerated here or at IMDB) but concurrently they simply forgot to make a western. A pity.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 04:18:47 AM »

The main thing to remember is they took a chance at a Western that was something different, I think it should have been a bit more on the Western a bit less on the Indian Shaman drug trip. It had a few great SW garnishes though, I thought (Rolling Star for one) that should have been amplified, a missed opportunity IMO.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 05:30:27 AM »

I find incredible that they got enmeshed in all the CGI stuff and forgot about the action.  I think the director was countiing too much on his ability to generate original images (which it may be good - per se - if one directs a videoclip) forgetting that a western is "also" (and there's no way around it) a matter of action, confrontations and shootings. The dialogues are weak, the main mystery (which I refused to believe it was the one I had guessed after 20 minutes) not relevant. And the camera work (the shots from below and the circular movements, not to talk of the aerial ones) are too insisted. I think the whole work denounces the lack of good screenplayers and of a vigilant and an authoritative producer. Add to that the scarce weight of the actors (I only liked Geoffrey Lewis, although he gave me the impression that he was wondering all the time what the hell was all about) and you have this half-disaster. Still I think the movie can offer some matter of reflection for those who want to approach the genre by new angles.   

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 10:53:16 AM »

For those of you who like the comic books (the others can go to hell), I just found a vastly documented piece about the influences (mainly western movies) behind the art of Jean Giraud:

http://blueberrybr.blogspot.fr/2013/06/inspiracoes-de-charlier-e-de-giraud.html

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 01:13:41 PM »

For those of you who like the comic books (the others can go to hell), I just found a vastly documented piece about the influences (mainly western movies) behind the art of Jean Giraud:

http://blueberrybr.blogspot.fr/2013/06/inspiracoes-de-charlier-e-de-giraud.html

Thanks I'll check it out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM