Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 07:38:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)  (Read 152110 times)
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 01, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »

Nooo! I just absolutely didn't get what actually was the plan, and why did Lucy go with Bill, and everything. It was just a flow of happenings to me.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »

Nooo! I just absolutely didn't get what actually was the plan, and why did Lucy go with Bill, and everything. It was just a flow of happenings to me.

What is there to understand? Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NNzo8ehZg

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 01, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »

That was great, sure. Cheesy But the rest somehow... Undecided

But I have to admit that if only for that duel, it was worth the 42 CZK I gave for it. Grin

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Tuco the ugly
« Reply #333 on: June 01, 2008, 11:17:58 AM »

Original? WOW, that's cheap! That's about 1.5 € If I'm not wrong.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 01, 2008, 01:22:45 PM »

Yeah, it is. There's a boom of cheap DVD's here in CR, in newspapers and so. It seems the perfect solution: it keeps people from pirating the films, because why make copies when you get the original for the price of renting it? And you get these little treasures like SW's, because the DVD's come out every week and the companies are looking for new and new films to issue. Wink
Sometimes you get no bonus material. But sometimes you get even that.
EDIT: It's usually only in paper covers. That's one way to keep the prize down. And it seems it's still worth it for the companies, because people really buy them and it's already been maybe two years of this practice.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 01:26:31 PM by marmota-b » Logged

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2008, 04:11:04 AM »

I've just seen Nobody's the Greatest. And I'm even more confused than after watching MNIN. Huh
You shudda put this on a new thread Marmota naughty,naughty! Grin

Yep it is confusing and requires further viewing but this movie has really grown on me.Terence Hill's goofy antics are always enjoyable as is Morricones infectious compositions.The underlying ecological and plight of the Native American themes predate some of the 1990's westerns and i love the feelgood factor of this film.

I'd give it at least 7 out of 10.  Wink

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 02, 2008, 04:32:00 AM »

You shudda put this on a new thread Marmota naughty,naughty! Grin

It didn't seem like worthy of a new thread...

I suppose both of them require more viewings. I just don't feel like it right now. Undecided

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2008, 06:02:50 AM »

I suppose both of them require more viewings. I just don't feel like it right now. Undecided

I doubt that would be the case. My second viewing of MNIN was far less enjoyable than the first on the whole.

Saturday nights with Groggy
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2008, 06:08:16 AM »

I should give them a second chance anyway, to see what actually is the case with me. But really not now...

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2008, 12:30:41 PM »

Even the crappiest of sw's have their own threads here and it would be another one to add to the sw index.Maybe i should give my dvd another spin. Smiley

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2008, 12:50:34 PM »

No, I meant my input to it hadn't seemed worth a new thread. Cheesy

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2008, 02:59:27 AM »

Isn't there a scene in MNIN where Nobody slams somebody in the head repeatedly with some big and spinning thing? Well, I just watched Billy Wilder's Irma la Douce (1963) and there's a scene where Jack Lemmon fights with a pimp in a bar and slams his opponent just in the same fashion as Nobody, only this time with a spinning lamp that hangs from the ceiling. If it wasn't MNIN, then what movie was it? I'm sure it's a SW (most probably staring Terence Hill).

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:20 AM »

It is MNIN. It's somewhere around the mirror hall scene, if I remember correctly.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2008, 04:03:26 AM »

Just before the mirror hall scene, I think. It's the one bit of slapstick in the film that I find funny.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 27, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »

I posted this over at the SWDB but sadly most people didn't seem to care  Sad. Thought I'd see if anyone here was interested...

The question of how much input Leone had on this movie has been discussed many times and will probably never be resolved. So, if to many this is tantamount to flogging a dead horse, my apologies. In any case, here’s my take on things…

I submit that just by watching the movie there are several sequences that are unmistakably dominated by Leone’s artistic hallmark and were definitely not directed by Valerii:

1.   The fairground sequence up to Hill’s entry into the Saloon.
2.   The train station sequence centered around the urinal scene but also including the gold being loaded on to the train and Hill riding up on his horse before hand, and the train leaving with Hill as the driver at the end of the sequence.
3.   The shots concerning Hill and the train during and preceding Valerii’s direction of Fonda’s stand against the Wild Bunch.

Two other sequences bear flickers of Leone style which is confirmed by external evidence:

1.   The Saloon sequence with the shattering glasses (as confirmed by Neil Summers in “Westerns all’italiana” #26).
2.   The final duel (as confirmed by photographic evidence of Leone helping Valerii in Frayling’s book “Sergio Leone”).

The rest of the movie, I submit was Valerii’s work. In particular, aside from being a send-up of the introduction to “Once Upon a Time in the West”, the introduction at the barber’s shop, which Leone in Simsolo’s “Conversations avec Sergio Leone” claims to have directed himself, bears none of the Leone hallmarks at all. Nevertheless, even when Leone was in Italy while Valerii was shooting in America, Leone was clearly breathing down Valerii’s neck throughout; the situation seems very reminiscent of the role that several people assume Albert Band to have played over Corbucci in “The Hellbenders”.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM