Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2022, 10:47:07 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41
: Il mio nome è Nessuno aka My Name Is Nobody (1973)  ( 288415 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

« #315 : June 27, 2007, 08:42:57 AM »

Was there much about the age-old argument about which scenes Leone directed?
Not as such. At the 17:40 mark in Nobody Is Perfect: Leones Grabgesang auf den Western der alten Generation, Terrence Hill says this:

There have been rumors that Sergio Leone directed parts of My Name is Nobody. The answer is gthat this was a film where the concept, the development was all Sergio Leone's. After the two Trinitys he came to me and said, "I want to make a movie with you because I like your character. I want to put your character in an environment, in a story that's . . . deeper. Let's call it . . . in a bigger story. I think that Trinity should have this option to be in the West in a more serious way." And so he put all this passion in this. He even wanted me to direct it. "You gotta do it." And he went to America to ask Fonda to make it. So I would rather say "no comment" on the fact of directing the film. But I can assure you his passion was in it.

« : June 27, 2007, 08:46:09 AM dave jenkins »

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #316 : June 27, 2007, 02:10:03 PM »

Was there much about the age-old argument about which scenes Leone directed?

The only source i've seen for this info is Hughes book still.

And is the extra footage new or extended scenes?

Yes, the doc discusses this and more. It reveals much about Leone the man and goes into detail about the controversy surrounding his involvement.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #317 : June 27, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »

What about the docu's on NOBODYS THE GREATEST?

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #318 : June 27, 2007, 03:27:04 PM »

It's more interesting about what went on behind the scenes than in front of it.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

« #319 : June 27, 2007, 03:34:17 PM »

The NOBODYS THE GREATEST German dvd was missing the last scene or something which put me off. :(

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #320 : June 27, 2007, 04:56:11 PM »

Yes, the doc discusses this and more. It reveals much about Leone the man and goes into detail about the controversy surrounding his involvement.
The only thing it offers beside the quotes from the new Terrence Hill interview is rehashed info from Frayling.

The extra footage is just stuff from the hall of mirrors sequence, extending those scenes.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
mezcal
Bandido

« #321 : June 27, 2007, 05:42:35 PM »

the extras are in german (with english subtitles) and the terrence hill segments are in english, so are easily watchable. The nobody doco is 75 mins and i think the genius segment is 30 mins full details on this page  http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=1810.15
I think the set is defintely value for money. I'd also read about the 3 missing clips (not scenes), but to be honest thay would not have made the film any less bad. The scenery in monumnet valley is excellent, the story, macgoohan is given nothing to do but most of all is the use of b-grade stock which jars compared to the good footage.
As far as leone direction, it says he did the opening scene of genius which i can believe, the bizarre thing with 'nobody' is that it says he did the worst scenes in the movie, hall of mirrors, washroom scene, and that he did these to make Valeri's excellent movie less good...
Lots of interesting stuff although it may be a few years before i watch the genius again, but still the same price as if you bought the uk genius by itself, i'm very happy with the set

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #322 : June 27, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »

As far as leone direction . . .  the bizarre thing with 'nobody' is that it says he did the worst scenes in the movie, hall of mirrors, washroom scene, and that he did these to make Valeri's excellent movie less good...
In Frayling. The filmmaker cites his source, shows the cover of the book, opens it, and seemingly reads from it. If you already have Something to Do With Death, you don't learn anything you don't already know.

There is a second doc I found more interesting, Nobody 'Dusted'--Der Film vor und nach der Restauration, which uses the film to show the evolution of the home theater market. They start out with 8mm reels that were commercially available and progress through videotape, laserdisc, and finally DVD. Image quality keeps improving, of course, and its amazing to see the change.

ROADRAIDER
Road Apple

« #323 : September 07, 2007, 01:22:59 PM »

Look who is the guardian angel for Henry Fonda.
Look close and you can see the wings.

Sundance
Gunslinger

« #324 : December 05, 2007, 09:46:58 AM »

My Name Is Nobody was recently released on a new DVD edition in Italy. Unfortunately only Italian audio and subtitles. It's available in two different editions, regular one and a special edition which includes a "book" (about 70 pages of text and photos) as part of the case. I think the disc contents are exactly the same on both editions. There's the film and a 54minute documentary:
http://www.sundances.net/spaghetti/screenshots/docu1.jpg
http://www.sundances.net/spaghetti/screenshots/docu2.jpg
http://www.sundances.net/spaghetti/screenshots/docu5.jpg
http://www.sundances.net/spaghetti/screenshots/docu6.jpg
http://www.sundances.net/spaghetti/screenshots/docu7.jpg

The documentary is in Italian without subtitles but some of the persons interviewed (at least Eli Wallach and Frayling) speak English with Italian subtitles. I can't say if the interviews have been done specifically for this documentary or not, and if this has been shown or included somewhere before this.

Here's couple of (BAD) pictures of the case/book (the photo of the cover wasn't taken by me... which explain why it looks better...):

As for the movie, the colors differ from the German and French editions (the type of monitor and calibration will have big impact on how each of the images look):

There's HD versions available as well. The contents are the same but the book is missing?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #325 : December 05, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »

Nice thanks for posting O0

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tuco the ugly

« #326 : December 05, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »

Wow, this is great! I'll probably buy it when I go to Italy in a couple of months. Thanks Sundance!

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #327 : December 05, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »

Thanks, Sundance. Evidently they're releasing a bunch of these in special editions with "libro" ( FAFDM and OUATITW have, I believe, also been so issued).

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #328 : May 31, 2008, 11:52:31 AM »

I've just seen Nobody's the Greatest. And I'm even more confused than after watching MNIN. ???

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Tuco the ugly

« #329 : May 31, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »

Why? You expected Nobody to show up? ;D

: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines