Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2018, 06:45:49 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "OUATITW: Shot by Shot" by Frayling?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
: "OUATITW: Shot by Shot" by Frayling?  ( 17532 )
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #90 : October 31, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »

It's gotta be some sort of rights issue over the photos or something like that. It seems like the book would have had to have been completed a while back for them to meet their much earlier publishing dates. But this is pure speculation on my part. Oh well, if we can wait as long as we did for the amazing gbu book, we can wait a bit longer for this one.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #91 : November 01, 2018, 02:37:48 AM »

For me the GBU book was not worth the high price.

I won't buy this one for such a high price, unless I think it is really something special. Well I thought that about the GBU book also ...

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #92 : November 01, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »

For me the GBU book was not worth the high price.

I won't buy this one for such a high price, unless I think it is really something special. Well I thought that about the GBU book also ...

Well I think in the authors defense he did most of the work himself, most likely financing a good chunk of it... For such a "niche" market I thought the price was fair. Nothing about the book felt "cheap" in terms of the photo quality etc...but I can see the argument that it was more expensive than other books of the same type... However those are mostly bigger publishers with bigger print runs.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #93 : November 02, 2018, 01:50:41 AM »

The problem is less the price, but that the book had not enough substance. There was too much uninteresting stuff in it.

But I have to admit I'm not interested in all these photos. I prefer books with some well chosen photos to aerate the text, but is is the quality of the content which makes a book worthwhile.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #94 : November 02, 2018, 03:16:58 AM »

STANTON FTW!

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #95 : November 02, 2018, 05:04:13 AM »

STANTON FTW!

Uhhhh ... ? ? ?

What was this? I don't remember

Fuck the Win? 

Fuck that What?

Let's assume the first one ...

« : November 03, 2018, 09:57:05 AM stanton »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #96 : November 02, 2018, 05:47:46 AM »

You've got to be kidding . . . The photos ARE the content. Movies are a visual medium, and are best treated with reference to images. And we're also talking about the greatest film ever made. Photos are good. If you want text, write it yourself.

My only complaint about the edition was that it was TOO CHEAP. I would have rather it cost something like $500. That would have put it out of reach for philistines like stanton. It burns me up that there is a copy of this fine book out there that the unclean hands of stanton have profaned . . . .

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #97 : November 02, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »

That book was a dream come true. So much had already been written about the film, for over 50 years...
A visual reference to the making of ( any great classic) film is the closest one can come towards these great people :).
(especially since none of that Super 8 footage people took on the sets in the 60s is surfacing...)

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #98 : November 02, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »

Uhhhh ... ? ? ?

What was this? I don't remember

Fuck the Win? 

Fuck that What?

Letr's assume the first one ...

I could explain it again... but I'm starting to like the ambiguity.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #99 : November 02, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »

The book was incredible. I would have paid double the price.  As Dave said, the photos are the content. Its a visual treasure.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

« #100 : November 02, 2018, 06:45:45 PM »

The book is great and I feel I got excellent value for my dollar.

I wonder if Peter Hanley (Clinton) or his contacts can shed some light on the multiple Italian versions of the film?

There are 2 Italian IB Tech prints in our possession that demonstrate that the "Skeleton Shot", full Tuco torture scene and "Sorry, Tuco" (as well as a few other snippets and one musical cue difference) were included in presumably the original theatrical release, which preceded the "Italian cut" that is available on various home releases. We recently acquired a print of the "Italian cut" that does not include the Skeleton Shot and other snippets so we know for certain that at least 2 versions were released theatrically in Italy.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines