Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 06:11:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  "OUATITW: Shot by Shot" by Frayling?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "OUATITW: Shot by Shot" by Frayling?  (Read 5997 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »

12. Why is there an old railroad track buried at Sweetwater (as discovered by Cheyenne)?

McBain was a railroad man, (that's how he knew the trains would need water and why he picked Sweetwater for his "ranch") the route was laid out way in advance of actual construction why not get a wagon and haul a few rails and ties out and lay them in place so the station can be built around the tracks, remember he already ordered the wood, sign, etc, etc for the station, when the construction arrives they just have to connect it to what he's got laid out.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:02:27 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:16 PM »

McBain was a railroad man, (that's how he knew the trains would need water and why he picked Sweetwater for his "ranch") the route was laid out way in advance of actual construction why not get a wagon and haul a few rails and ties out and lay them in place so the station can be built around the tracks, remember he already ordered the wood, sign, etc, etc for the station, when the construction arrives they just have to connect it to what he's got laid out.

Yep. Afro

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »

The release date on all the websites now is September 26, 2017.

I'll do the pre-order with price guarantee. It can't hurt.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2017, 06:39:40 AM »

Surely some folks would've have noticed that McBain's supplies included some train track rails, and then there would have been no mystery what McBain was up to out there...

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 03:40:48 PM »

Surely some folks would've have noticed that McBain's supplies included some train track rails, and then there would have been no mystery what McBain was up to out there...

What you have to remember is that the route would have been laid out five or more years in advance.  McBain knowing of this had plenty of time purchase the Sweetwater location and to get the supplies and haul them out there well before the boomtown of Flagstone was even on the map. Rails were available at bigger towns especially in mining district areas at hardware stores for miners.

The railroad and it's route engineers knew what was going on since they gave him the contract for the station. The clueless locals probably had no idea what was going on, hence thinking he was crazy.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:52:48 AM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »

The release date on all the websites now is September 26, 2017.
Thanks, I'll cancel my UK order and get it in the US. That means I'll have it in hand all the quicker.

Hey, Drink, did you notice this?
https://www.amazon.com/ALLHA-Womens-Low-Waist-Thongs-Panties-r-nBriefs/dp/B01ER4K95U/ref=sr_1_cc_2?

A woman can wear these and have three--er, four--men on her ass. Charming thought, no?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »

Thanks, I'll cancel my UK order and get it in the US. That means I'll have it in hand all the quicker.

Hey, Drink, did you notice this?
https://www.amazon.com/ALLHA-Womens-Low-Waist-Thongs-Panties-r-nBriefs/dp/B01ER4K95U/ref=sr_1_cc_2?

A woman can wear these and have three--er, four--men on her ass. Charming thought, no?

Haha! But they are grandma undies! And If my chick wears this, it means I am having a fivesome. In bed with With Al Mulloch Embarrassed

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 01:17:19 AM »

The price on Amazon.com is now $46.39, plus the pre-sale price guarantee

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1909526339/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »

The price on Amazon.com is now $46.39, plus the pre-sale price guarantee

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1909526339/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With the price so low, you should order one for a friend.  Wink

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »

You bet. Three.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »

Release date is now May 2018  Sad

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »

Release date is now May 2018  Sad

As Herry Grail noted on page 1 of this thread, where he shared various links where one can pre-order the book http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=12605.msg183802#msg183802 , you can't even search for the book on Amazon - nothing comes up. It only works if  you have the link.
It says the book is not available - you can't even pre-order it now. (I already did, a while ago.)

And the OUATITW grandma undies are no longer available https://www.amazon.com/ALLHA-Womens-Low-Waist-Thongs-Panties-r-nBriefs/dp/B01ER4K95U/ref=sr_1_cc_2?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:52:27 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »

There goes your love life, what?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM