Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 03:36:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Shalako (1968)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shalako (1968)  (Read 7722 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2004, 06:36:24 AM »

Rented and wathched this DVD the other night.

Shot in Spain, English production, Sean Connery, Brigitte Bardot, Honor Blackman, with Woody Strode as a Native American chief and other players. It was a good print but not to exciting a storyline based on a Louis Lamore story.

It took place almost all in the desert, not a lot of sets at all and I didn't recognise Woody at all, lol. Did have a short scene of Brigitte parially naked covering her breasts washing off the trail dust, it may have showed more in an international print, you guys/gals out there know?

A time killer with some familiar SW scenery. Worth a watch.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:53:52 PM »

I caught it not long ago coming back from the pub. Its not that bad. Connery tracker like charactor havin to safe some mis-behaving european great white hunters from indian slaughter. Woody Strode voice was a bit amusing. Good knife fight thou.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 02:58:26 PM »

This was on TV again last night again.... thats 2nd for ITV. Caught bits of it. Guardian Guide stated it as a Paella Western. Its more a British Euro Western to me.

Worth the watch for Bardot..  Still think that Woody Strode vs Sean Connery knife fight is the business.   Grin

Juan Miranda
Bounty Killer

Badges?!?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 08:27:29 PM »

Another Brit western obscurity from round about the same period was THE HUNTING PARTY, starring Oliver Reed and Gene Hackman. I haven't seen it for years, but remember enjoying it when I was going through my Hackman completist phase.

In answer to Cigar Joe's question at the start of the thread (a wee while ago now), you've seen as much of Bardot in this movie as any of the rest of us. Wink

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 01:20:40 PM »

Aaaaargh!!!  I videod this off of TV the other night, and the ending missed off!   Cry  I hate it when that happens!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:39:49 AM »

This seems to happen quite alot on ITV1 Marco,even when using the videoplus  facility,and i've been caught out a few times on this channel.Therefore in this case i took the trouble to sit up to past midnight to press the record button!

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 02:01:23 PM »

On this occasion it was my own fault (although I am a self-confessed hater of ITV generally!).  I didn't check how much tape there was left, and it missed off the ending.  Annoyingly, I stayed up late to turn it on too - maybe I should have just stayed up later and actually watched it!!  Grin

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 05:33:10 AM »

Know what you mean about itv,Marco-they even insist on superimposing the annoying logos on itv2 &itv3.

Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:43:58 PM »

And they bought us "I love the 70's" and "80's".  They massacred our football programmes.  They show Coronation Street!!  Virtually every day.  They must be stopped!!!

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 02:41:14 AM »

Burn them,i say!!!

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »

Do you think this is worth buying? It comes out tomorrow on one of those cheap DVD's I've already mentioned many times. I'd love to have more westerns, but on the other hand if it weren't good...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 01:46:12 AM »

It's also been on digital cable quite a lot lately.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 03:14:41 AM »

It's also been on digital cable quite a lot lately.

That doesn't help me, we don't have TV. Please, is it worth buying?

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 09:17:55 AM »

no, I don't think you should (not that good), rent it if you want to see it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »

The problem is, I don't know whether it's available for renting. Because very often these cheap DVD's are films that weren't out on DVD before. And I suppose the rental stores don't bother buying them, because the renting would usually be as much as buying the cheap DVD, so everyone buys it straight away...
But, well, if you say it's not that good, I think I can leave it be.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM