Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 03:08:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  La La Land (2016)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: La La Land (2016)  (Read 2544 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 04:55:48 AM »

Yesterday, the two biggest rooms of the theater I went to were 100% full the whole evening and < with the film. So it's working. Good for them. I would never have put a dollar on this film even after Whiplash's amazing $3,000,000/$60,000,000 costs/benefits ratio.

What do you know about real people anyway, Kiboa?

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 05:34:56 AM »

You dirty Kipogo

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 12:00:40 PM »

You dirty Kipogo

Huh Huh Huh

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2017, 10:49:31 AM »

This is a Kipogo:

They're mean and stupid. Although they can be emotionally vulnerable from time to time.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »

This is a Kipogo:

They're mean and stupid. Although they can be emotionally vulnerable from time to time.

I'm sure either you don't write character characterization (lol, is that even correct?) for your father's video games or he went bankrupt in the meantime. Or most likely - both.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 10:58:18 AM by Dust Devil » Logged

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »

It's correct in French, no idea about how to say that in English Smiley

www.ThibautOskian.com
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »

The oscar hate already started. Saw a Facebook status today saying "la la land sucks" with at least 20 agreeing comments. Before the nominations I didn't hear one thing but praise

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 03:10:02 PM »

I have not seen the film but as I started to use the library computer at the school I attend, I accidentally control+v and this came up:

This ‘mall montage’ scene from the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love can be viewed as a form of representation of the American culture as it has many aspects of it that can be interpreted as what one believes is the traditional american culture. First of all, right at the very beginning of the scene, we see this tall, mysterious and good looking man in a well fitted suit and sunglasses eating a pizza, which initially, pizza is already a direct symbol to what is thought of as the “American culture”. This symbol, yet quite irrelevant to the scene, does in fact play a role of symbolic importance as fast food is definitely representative of the American culture

Shame that was all that came up.

chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 01:46:25 AM »

At the British Academy Film Awards last night La La Land won five awards - best film, Emma Stone best actress, Damien Chazelle best director, Justin Hurwitz best original music and Linus Sandgren best cinematography.  Ryan nowhere to be seen.

Nicole Kidman nice dress.  Some of the thank you speeches and jokes overly political which I suppose is not really surprising in view of world events.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 02:06:53 AM »

Afro

www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 03:00:03 AM »

At the British Academy Film Awards last night La La Land won five awards - best film, Emma Stone best actress, Damien Chazelle best director, Justin Hurwitz best original music and Linus Sandgren best cinematography.  Ryan nowhere to be seen.

Nicole Kidman nice dress.  Some of the thank you speeches and jokes overly political which I suppose is not really surprising in view of world events.

And what did The Good The Bad and The Ugly, or Once Upon A Time In The West win at the British Academy Film Awards?  Case closed.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 07:29:59 AM »

Of course I'm not saying it's perfect and it may be appreciated more in a theater rather than viewing a lo-res .avi screener.  As I posted before:

...For me the beginning was a bit cheesy - probably it was meant to be - and I didn't really like the ending.  If there had been a bit more light and shade and visible bad events, a happier ending and a few more memorable songs, I would have liked it more...

Having said that there's great on-screen chemistry between Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone both of whom worked hard at perfecting their characters.

During the last few months I've seen lots of movies (more than a hundred) and, like GBU OUATITW and OUATIA, La La Land is one of the few movies I'd happily sit through and watch again.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:41:21 AM by chris » Logged
chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2017, 02:40:15 AM »

Moonlight winning is it's only hope...

Great prediction.  Moonlight is one of the few recent movies I've not seen but I'll bump it nearer to the top of my list.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2017, 04:09:59 AM »

The fake announcement was even better than just losing to Moonlight: it brought the sympathy back to the La La Land team.

www.ThibautOskian.com
emmo26
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 06:37:57 AM »

The only films I would rate in the 21st century are Interstellar and Sexy Beast.     Embarrassed

**************** ZZ TOP´s 1st Gig **************
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM