Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:50:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Escape from New York (1981)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Escape from New York (1981)  (Read 7344 times)
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:01 PM »

Russell, LVC, Harry Dean Stanton, Borgnine, Pleasance, and, of course, Mr. Hot Buttered Soul Himself as the Duke of New York: talk about a collection of icons. What's not to like?

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »

Butler Withdraws From 'Escape From New York' Remake
Scottish actor Gerard Butler has pulled out of upcoming remake Escape From New York due to "creative differences." Butler's casting in the update caused controversy earlier this year when Kurt Russell, the star of director John Carpenter's original 1981 movie, demanded an American, not a Scot, take on the role of Snake Plissken. Speaking earlier this year, Russell said, "When I was told, my initial reaction was, 'Oh man.' I do think that character was quintessentially one thing - and that's American."

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 06:36:53 PM »

Good news (although I think Butler could have done a good job playing an American). Hope this means the death of the project.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »

From Scream Factory, an April 21 BD release:
- Last and not least (and which will be good news to fans hoping this would happen): We have created a brand new 2K High Definition scan of the inter-positive, struck from the original negative.

- This is a Region A release. Street date is 4/21. You can pre-order the release directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/escape-from-new-york-collect…. Amazon and other fine online retailer pre-order links should be going up soon in the upcoming months. Note: If you do order from us on ours site, you’ll receive it two weeks earlier than the national street date and receive an 18” x 24” poster of the new art. Please keep in mind that the poster is only made in limited quantities.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 07:42:32 AM »

The re-boot is now with Fox. Carpenter will be executive producer. http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35408/fox-scores-escape-from-new-york-reboot

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Amazing how there seem to be so few new ideas these days...too many re-dos....

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 03:35:03 AM »

Since Homer actually. Wink Cheesy

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 10:55:11 AM »

The re-boot is now with Fox. Carpenter will be executive producer. http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/35408/fox-scores-escape-from-new-york-reboot

Ugh, I was hoping this would stay in development hell. Fox is such a bad studio too, why can't people be creative and produce original stuff? I don't mind an imaginative retelling of an old movie, but I HATE cash grabs and I'd be shocked if this wasn't one. It's the same reason why I find the idea of JJ Disney Star Wars movies so offensive.

I might literally puke if I see a trailer featuring Chris Pine wearing an eye patch.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:56:32 AM by T.H. » Logged

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 01:59:39 PM »

New Blu detailed: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=16111

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2015, 11:48:34 AM »

http://thedigitalbits.com/item/escape-from-new-york-ce-bd
Scream’s Blu-ray presentation features the theatrical cut of the film, mastered from a new 2K scan of the inter-positive struck from the original negative. It’s honestly hard to imagine the 1080p/2.35:1 video image looking better than it does here. Given its low budget, 1980s vintage, and the fact that the film was shot with anamorphic lenses, there’s going to be a certain softness to the image here and there, and a certain amount of grain. But this HD presentation is very good and represents a serious improvement over the previous 2010 MGM Blu-ray, which was dimmer, softer looking, and had muted coloring. Contrast here is very good, fine image detail and texturing are nice – production limitations notwithstanding – and the color timing and accuracy is excellent. This is a much more natural looking image than the MGM Blu-ray. The audio here is presented in 5.1 English DTS-HD Master Audio. Near as I can tell, it’s the same 5.1 mix that was on the MGM Blu-ray, which is fine because that was good, with nice dynamic range, a big soundstage, and lightly immersive surrounds. The original stereo mix has been upgraded to DTS-HD Master Audio as well, and it too sounds good. Neither track is reference quality, but they pair with the image here nicely. Optional subtitles are available in English.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »

http://variety.com/2016/film/global/john-carpenter-plagiarism-case-luc-besson-lockout-1201826597/

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 06:33:14 PM »

What a shame Besson didn't bother to get Carpenter onboard for the film. I haven't heard anything good about Lockout so I'll just go ahead and pick up that new blu ray of Escape.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM