Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:54:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Les Westerns de Sergio Leone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Les Westerns de Sergio Leone  (Read 1909 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11fp1g_les-westerns-de-sergio-leone_shortfilms

50 minutes, in French.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »

thanks  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »

I haven't watched it yet. I remember missing it on TV something like 15 years ago. I was really upset. I almost remember the TV program review by heart.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »

So Salerno was substituted by Ferzetti and Robert Ryan by Keenan Wynn. Eastwood says that Yojimbo was a 50's movie, which proves, I think, that he had no clue about that movie until somebody pointed it out to him after Fistful hit.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 05:28:12 PM »

If Salerno was such a big actor in Italy at that time, isn't it strange that he'd be used to dub Eastwood on the Italian soundtrack fot the Dollars films? I am sure they could not afford to pay much, and isn't it weird for fans to hear a recognizable voice coming out of someone else's mouth?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 07:36:01 PM »

If Salerno was such a big actor in Italy at that time, isn't it strange that he'd be used to dub Eastwood on the Italian soundtrack fot the Dollars films? I am sure they could not afford to pay much, and isn't it weird for fans to hear a recognizable voice coming out of someone else's mouth?
Who said that Salerno was such a big actor in 1968? He might have been just as popular as Ferzetti: maybe just a little more. Anyway, as to popularity, a second ranking: not a Sordi, Manfredi, Mastroianni, Tognazzi or De Sica.  Anyway Salerno was not very well known in 1964 and I doubt many could connect the voice to his face; or, even more important, cared to. Nobody I know who saw the movie ever mentioned Salerno's name. Keep in mind that before vhs and even more with  dvd, few had the chance, unless they were in the movie business, to make these distinctions. But, I repeat: nobody cared. Maybe somebody thought "I heard that voice somewhere" but to make the connection for a common viewer (i.e. 99% of audience) was very hard. And useless.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM