Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2018, 05:41:04 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Criminal (a.k.a. Concrete Jungle) (1960)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: The Criminal (a.k.a. Concrete Jungle) (1960)  ( 1630 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #15 : October 30, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »

Some sources, those sources...There are even sources, for example the french one which coined the "noir" definition, which is quite narrow at to the inclusion of movies in the genre.

So the today's take on the genre is "Hard Core crime". Because now you're tricking on that definition, stressing the "hc" of it: but what is "hard core crime"? The films you mention (oddly - or maybe not - you forgot "Sunset Boulevard") are all involving some kind of major/minor misconduct by one or more character, or an assumed one. Of course, Bruce's "misconduct" is of the kind which makes him a precursor, not a criminal: even an assumed one. The crimes in the cases you mention above are still considered such nowadays.  Try again, tomorrow.

Try what?, I don't really give a hoot what you think.  ;D

Holden got shot in Sunset Blvd, Why TF would I include it? Bogart was just nuts, not a criminal, Ryan didn't take a dive,where is the crime? Basehart was going to commit suicide, Grahame was infected with typhoid I believe, Douglas couldn't take the fact that his wife got an abortion, Gassman jumped ship, nobody committed anything in Two Men In Manhattan it was after the fact, Jeopardy had no crime, The Sweet Smell Of Success just subtifuge, The Wrong Man was mistaken identity, The Lost Weekend was about alcoholism, Bruce's misconduct was being a junkie.

Complain again I'll be waiting on pins and needles.  ::)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #16 : October 30, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

Try what?, I don't really give a hoot what you think.  ;D

Umph! >:(

Holden got shot in Sunset Blvd, Why TF would I include it? Bogart was just nuts, not a criminal, Ryan didn't take a dive,where is the crime? Basehart was going to commit suicide, Grahame was infected with typhoid I believe, Douglas couldn't take the fact that his wife got an abortion, Gassman jumped ship, nobody committed anything in Two Men In Manhattan it was after the fact, Jeopardy had no crime, The Sweet Smell Of Success just subtifuge, The Wrong Man was mistaken identity, The Lost Weekend was about alcoholism, Bruce's misconduct was being a junkie.

Complain again I'll be waiting on pins and needles.  ::)

So SB is a noir of the "hard core" species? Or is it? Bogart is nuts, not a criminal ;D So are all serial killers. Gassman is running from the law, that makes him a criminal. Otherwise he wouldn't be on the run the entire movie. The Wrong Man is about a supposed criminal and a a real series of crimes... I could go on but it's no use: if you can't see the difference keep on noirising everything and allow me to laugh.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17 : October 30, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »

Ok, I'll say it again Bogart didn't kill anyone, Ryan didn't take a dive, Grahame was infected by typhoid, Bashart was going to commit suicide, Douglas couldn't take the fact that his wife got an abortion, Gassman was looking for his sponsor, a natural death in Two Men In Manhattan, The Sweet Smell Of Success was just subterfuge, The Wrong Man committed no crime, and The Lost Weekend was about alcoholism.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #18 : October 30, 2016, 06:15:04 PM »

Ok, I'll say it again Bogart didn't kill anyone, Ryan didn't take a dive, Grahame was infected by typhoid, Bashart was going to commit suicide, Douglas couldn't take the fact that his wife got an abortion, Gassman was looking for his sponsor, a natural death in Two Men In Manhattan, The Sweet Smell Of Success was just subterfuge, The Wrong Man committed no crime, and The Lost Weekend was about alcoholism.

I give up. :P I'll, keep on laughing.  :'(

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines