Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 01:41:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  A Lady Without Passport (1950)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Lady Without Passport (1950)  (Read 307 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:30:48 AM »

I give 5/10 to this noir melodrama for 3 elements 1) the crash landing and following action seen from above 2) Lamarr 3) the Raksin's tune much ahead of its time, the kind one will hear frequently only from the '60's on. 

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 01:16:56 PM »

I give 5/10 to this noir melodrama for 3 elements 1) the crash landing and following action seen from above 2) Lamarr 3) the Raksin's tune much ahead of its time, the kind one will hear frequently only from the '60's on. 
You make me want to see this . . . .

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »

I just saw this on TCM.

Nice little film; I give it a 7/10.

SPOILER TILL END OF POST

The cop spends the whole movie trying to catch the illegal immigrants they don't have any criminal history or infectious diseases; they're just refugees from war and oppression, and want to make a better life for themselves and their families, but are blocked by restrictive immigration laws. Finally, at the very end, he finally realizes, and issues just the one line, something like, If a person is willing to go to such effort to come to America, I want to help them, not keep them out.

That's all - just that one line right at the end. Until that point, not a word of preaching or speechifying. If a movie is going to have a "message," this movie does it the right way.

I found it interesting because this message is so relevant now, in 2016. Want to "Make America Great Again"? I believe that "greatness" comes from being kind and welcoming; greatness does not come from deporting  Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM