Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:22:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your favourite scene in this movie?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favourite scene in this movie?  (Read 31188 times)
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2004, 05:38:13 AM »

What is or are your favourite(s) scene(s) in GBU???
For me, all scenes are marvelous, but there are I prefere to others.
I like very much all the end, when Tuco arrives in the cemetary, until the end; but in this, my preference is for the gun fight.
I like too the scene when Blondie is going to cut the Shorty's string, and when Tuco arrives. In fact, it is not really the scene I like, but how it is shoting.
An other scene, when...In fact, all the scenes...But as I said, my preference is for the end!!!
Ho, just a shot I dislike, when Tuco wants to hang Blondie, there is a bad shot... :-\That's all!!! Grin Grin Grin

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Lewis Hawk
Bandido

"Creuse..."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 09:18:19 AM »

I agree with john. The end is perfect. but the first scene is all the way of shoting i'm really fond of by mister leone!!! No dialogs, marvellous shots.........etc

Smitty
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 10:17:44 AM »

one of my favorite is the introduction of THE BAD. that whole scene is shot perfectly, and Van Cleef is shown to be a truly evil badguy.

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 10:27:23 AM »

one of my favorite is the introduction of THE BAD. that whole scene is shot perfectly, and Van Cleef is shown to be a truly evil badguy.

What I like in this scene, it 's that, if you don't know the movie (There are people who don't know GBU??? Does it exist?Huh? Shocked), you don't know if Van Cleef is bad or good, and what are his intentions. And all the shots are great.

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 10:51:10 AM »

the three presentations (i think i can write a book only about those three scenes)... and what wonderful quotes (couple steps back...)!
the arriving of bill carson (the desert, the wind, the music... perfect)
the final gunshot
the arriving od tuco in the cemetery
the end, with tuco on his cross... with the music (only the rythmic)... and then, blondie comes back, shoot the rope... AEAEA! (the ugly) Aeaea! (the bad) Aeaea! (the good), and the music and the camera raise up... it is a such energical ending, for me, that every time, when the credits come, i'm ready for 20 watching of gbu!

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Lewis Hawk
Bandido

"Creuse..."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 11:40:39 AM »

The scene when blondie "saves" tuco. Clint's first sentence is so marvellouuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssss!!!!

Ify
Chicken Thief

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 01:43:49 PM »

I love the end shoot-out sequence with Il Triello playing, it is so.... cinematically perfect.

I also like the introductions of the three characters and The Exstasy of Gold sequence.

By the way, what do all of you think of Bill's introduction in Kill Bill: Volume 2, with Il Tramonto playing??

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo" -Quentin Tarantino
Half Soldier
Gunslinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 02:10:48 PM »

Tuco:  'It's all my fault, mine, mine,mine!'  (peeps through fingers to see if blondie's taking any notice)

I'll sleep better knowing my good friend is by my side
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 09:06:44 PM »

I think the Ecstacy of Gold cemetery sequence is what reinforces the Leone western style.  The surrealistic style of the scene, perfectly in tune to the music, really set the difference in stone forever between Leone and U.S. westerns.  

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 04:53:34 AM »

I think the Ecstacy of Gold cemetery sequence is what reinforces the Leone western style.  The surrealistic style of the scene, perfectly in tune to the music, really set the difference in stone forever between Leone and U.S. westerns.  

And coupled with the three-way corrida shoot out it would be hard to ever surpass it. Someone would have to out Leone Leone.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 09:58:56 AM »

and no-one can do that....  Smiley

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Montero
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 01:18:04 PM »

my favourite is Il Triello complet

Quote from: john baldwin  Smiley=board=4;threadid=1265;start=0#msg10323 date=1094470693
What is or are your favourite(s) scene(s) in GBU???
For me, all scenes are marvelous, but there are I prefere to others.
I like very much all the end, when Tuco arrives in the cemetary, until the end; but in this, my preference is for the gun fight.
I like too the scene when Blondie is going to cut the Shorty's string, and when Tuco arrives. In fact, it is not really the scene I like, but how it is shoting.
An other scene, when...In fact, all the scenes...But as I said, my preference is for the end!!!
Ho, just a shot I dislike, when Tuco wants to hang Blondie, there is a bad shot... :-\That's all!!! Grin Grin Grin

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 02:14:56 PM »

In fact, all people love the trio......It's so marvelous Cheesy Cheesy

Lewis Hawk
Bandido

"Creuse..."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2004, 03:42:47 AM »

everybody love the triello but his end too! What would have happend if Il brutto had won?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2004, 04:34:13 AM »

angel-eyes would have killed tuco thats 4 sure.
i think one of the attractions of leone is that despite all the twists the good guy actually always triumphs, but its usually a phyrric victory apart from dollars trilogy

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM