Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 03:55:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your favourite scene in this movie?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your favourite scene in this movie?  (Read 31157 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31:53 PM »

Really? I mean they did add their dubs like a couple of years ago so it might sound different then when they first shot the film.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2007, 10:33:38 PM »

Really? I mean they did add their dubs like a couple of years ago so it might sound different then when they first shot the film.

Are we talking about them speaking Italian?

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2007, 10:36:09 PM »

i thought we were talking about them speaking english? Huh

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »

i thought we were talking about them speaking english? Huh

If I told that the man who dubbed LVC was excellent...
Why would LVC(and Eli and Clint) need someone to do voiceovers for them in English? Huh  Grin

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2007, 10:47:47 PM »

I thought that you were watching the english version of the special edition of GBU.Well in the one i have i thought you meant that LVC english dubbed was great and that Tucos and Blondies (which were dubbed by Eli and Clint a couple years back because some of the scenes werent added to the US release and had to be dubbed by Eli and Clint when there in their old age.) wasnt that great.

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »

I thought that you were watching the english version of the special edition of GBU.Well in the one i have i thought you meant that LVC english dubbed was great and that Tucos and Blondies (which were dubbed by Eli and Clint a couple years back because some of the scenes werent added to the US release and had to be dubbed by Eli and Clint when there in their old age.) wasnt that great.

Aha,no I was talking about the deleted scenes.This is the first time that they're in the original version.
The guy who dubbed LVC in Italian is great,the other two are not that good.
Since we were talking about that specific deleted scenes... Wink

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2007, 10:55:04 PM »

i see what you are saying now.Your saying that the Italian version with LVC is better than the Italian dub of Blondie and Tuco,right?

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2007, 10:56:03 PM »

i see what you are saying now.Your saying that the Italian version with LVC is better than the Italian dub of Blondie and Tuco,right?

Yes Kurugen machete boy...Smiley

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:57:14 PM by Tuco the ugly deer hunter » Logged
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

Alright then Tuco the ugly/Deer Hunter dude.. Wink

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:11 AM »

I thought Wallachs older voice was fairly indistinguishable from  1966 but Eastwoods now less than silky smooth sounding dubbing sticks out like a sore thumb but its still great that it is Clint.The only thing that winds me up are the ruination of the gun shot sounds. Sad

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2007, 09:46:08 AM »

.The only thing that winds me up are the ruination of the gun shot sounds. Sad

some folks are doing fan edits to add the original gunshots.
But it's for their own private use.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Noodles_SlowStir
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »

I watched GBU this week.  I can't remember the last time I saw the film.  If I did see the entire movie, it was probably on commercial television which would not have been a great viewing experience.  I really enjoyed the film.  There were so many good scenes... it makes this a really difficult question.  If you put the cemetery and final showdown scenes to the side.....although I really liked a lot of the Civil War related scenes (bridge, prison)....I would have to pick one of the scenes between Blondie and Tuco.  Hopefully this won't be considered cheating...I'm going to creatively say the ride leaving the mission.  It has the scene in which Blondie empathizes with Tuco when he talks about his brother.  It's one of a handful of situations where I think the viewer becomes aware why Blondie is .....the good.  He certainly knows Tuco for what he is....that he can't be fully trusted......but he offers his cigar to him because he's witnessed the actual confrontation between Tuco and his brother.  Shortly afterward is the comic part....Tuco shouting the praises of the Confederate cause to the Union soldiers covered in dust ...while Blondie basically says they're idiots.  Eli Wallach was just amazing in the film.   Are both Henry Fonda and Eli Wallach on record saying that their parts in OUATITW and GBU were their favorite roles in their career?

Tuco the ugly
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2007, 03:43:22 PM »

I watched GBU this week.  I can't remember the last time I saw the film.  If I did see the entire movie, it was probably on commercial television which would not have been a great viewing experience.  I really enjoyed the film.  There were so many good scenes... it makes this a really difficult question.  If you put the cemetery and final showdown scenes to the side.....although I really liked a lot of the Civil War related scenes (bridge, prison)....I would have to pick one of the scenes between Blondie and Tuco.  Hopefully this won't be considered cheating...I'm going to creatively say the ride leaving the mission.  It has the scene in which Blondie empathizes with Tuco when he talks about his brother.  It's one of a handful of situations where I think the viewer becomes aware why Blondie is .....the good.   He certainly knows Tuco for what he is....that he can't be fully trusted......but he offers his cigar to him because he's witnessed the actual confrontation between Tuco and his brother.  Shortly afterward is the comic part....Tuco shouting the praises of the Confederate cause to the Union soldiers covered in dust ...while Blondie basically says they're idiots.  Eli Wallach was just amazing in the film.   Are both Henry Fonda and Eli Wallach on record saying that their parts in OUATITW and GBU were their favorite roles in their career?

Yeah,it's a good one.In pack with the one where Blondie is giving the cigar to the young dying soldier.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2007, 05:36:15 AM »

Agreed. But, as I wrote before, all scenes there are my favourites now...

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
tucumcari bound
Bounty Killer

Leone at work.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2007, 09:14:37 PM »

Agreed. But, as I wrote before, all scenes there are my favourites now...

There are countless classic moments in this film. We can talk about many scenes that stand out. That's what makes this film so great. Not many movies provide many classic scenes as this masterpiece does.

"Everything revolved around her. The way Sergio looked at women - the way he looked at me..."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM