Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 04:50:03 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Your favourite scene in this movie?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
: Your favourite scene in this movie?  ( 57129 )
marmota-b
Bounty Killer

It's perfect timing, large one...

« #60 : November 20, 2006, 06:59:06 AM »

somehow my favorite films are my favorite films because they do include not only one or two favorite scenes but are MADE of favorite scenes :)

Well said. ;)

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
Jon0

« #61 : November 20, 2006, 09:30:24 AM »

The showdown...wouldn't be able to understand how anyone could choose something else.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #62 : November 20, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »

The showdown...wouldn't be able to understand how anyone could choose something else.

VERY WELL SAID!

check please.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Tim

« #63 : November 21, 2006, 10:11:33 AM »

Yeah, it's not like Ecstacy of Gold is a good scene or anything.  ;D

« : November 24, 2006, 11:12:46 AM Tim »
Amaze
Bounty Killer

I don't see any method at all, sir.

« #64 : November 23, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzI7u5pMao8

;D

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #65 : November 24, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzI7u5pMao8

;D

But it looks so badly there, as it is sqeezed! >:(

However, another of the many of my favourite scenes. ;) Especially the music in it.

There are two kinds of films in this world:those which stay,even when their genre is forgotten,and those which don't.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #66 : December 23, 2006, 07:03:09 PM »

I've always loved the bridge sequence, and of course, the final twenty minutes in the cemetary.

Aguirre
Bandido

I am the wrath of God!

« #67 : December 24, 2006, 03:23:58 AM »

It's funny, I actually like the Ecstasy of Gold scene a lot better than the Final gun down. Although it is masterfully done :)

Cast no shadows - Draw no light. I rape the priestess on pagan's night.
Cyrax
Road Apple

I got myself a GBU poster YAY!

« #68 : December 26, 2006, 07:42:31 AM »

I like the ecstacy of gold, and the shootout between Clint and tuco VS Angel eyes men
and of course the final scene =)

Where life had no value, death, sometimes, had its price. That is why the bounty killers appeared.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #69 : April 16, 2007, 02:12:38 PM »

Another often-overlooked scene is where tuco tracks down Blondie, over an unknown period of time, finding his campfires, confirming identity by finding the little cigar butts, getting closer when one was still lit, all without a single word....very impressive.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #70 : April 16, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »

yea that was a nice addition, going the extra mile,  O0 in most films, that would all be cut if it was even filmed in the first place.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
poderator
Bandido

« #71 : April 17, 2007, 02:02:40 AM »

I always prefered that tension before the final showdown.
AE: You not digging.
B:   If you shoot me, you want see the cent of this money.
AE: Why?
B: Because it is nothin' in there.
T:   You...
B:   You thought I trust you?
B:   200 000 is a lot of money, we gonna have to earn it.
AE: How?
B: I am gonna write the name of the grave on the bottom of this stone. (Gun?)
After that Ennio's music start, and from that point magic happens. Blondie puts that stone in the middle of the orchestra circle (ring, or corrida circle), Tuco steps in, and they all wait for Angel Eye to accept the challenge. AE accepts and music starts. That moment is my favorite. I don't know how many times I watched that sequence, but I can watch it all over again. I don't know any other movie with this kind of replay value.

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #72 : April 17, 2007, 08:34:30 AM »

Another often-overlooked scene is where tuco tracks down Blondie, over an unknown period of time, finding his campfires, confirming identity by finding the little cigar butts, getting closer when one was still lit, all without a single word....very impressive.

You're right... it was one of my favourite scenes after first viewing. After many other viewings, all scenes became my favourites. ;D

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #73 : April 17, 2007, 12:46:26 PM »

Yesterday, I had to leave a garage door key for the well repair guy at my "ranch" up North, next to the pump.  So I put it near the well under a half-brick, reminded me of Blondie putting the name on the bottom of the rock (or pretending to).

marmota-b
Bounty Killer

« #74 : April 17, 2007, 12:55:05 PM »

Yesterday, I had to leave a garage door key for the well repair guy at my "ranch" up North, next to the pump.  So I put it near the well under a half-brick, reminded me of Blondie putting the name on the bottom of the rock (or pretending to).

I guess I would be reminded on other things... putting a key under something is quite a usual habit, it seems to me, and I would be reminded of one old Czech comics I used to read as a child... though maybe with a brick... ::)

: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines