Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 10:03:00 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Une si jolie petite plage (1949)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Une si jolie petite plage (1949)  ( 404 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : September 07, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »

This is considered a noir. Well, possibly. And a masterpiece. Not by me. It is very interesting for the first  half when you don't know what the story is. But once at half-time everything or almost is clear the movie becomes boring. And the torments of the protagonist sound all false. Everything is disposed so to make them come to life (the double orphan) but one can't see so much tragedy in the story. At least I didn't. 6/10

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : September 07, 2016, 10:06:37 AM »

This is considered a noir. Well, possibly. And a masterpiece. Not by me. It is very interesting for the first  half when you don't know what the story is. But once at half-time everything or almost is clear the movie becomes boring. And the torments of the protagonist sound all false. Everything is disposed so to make them come to life (the double orphan) but one can't see so much tragedy in the story. At least I didn't. 6/10
This is exactly right. I've watched it a couple times, but after the first time only for the photography.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : September 07, 2016, 12:17:16 PM »

This is exactly right. I've watched it a couple times, but after the first time only for the photography.

Did you understand who took the jewels? Servais follows Philippe to the beach town to recover them; he's seen going to the shack and there's a fade out, presumably because he's going to find the loot. Still he asks Philippe later where are the jewels and then he denounces him. That shows how all the movie is deceptively built. You think at first that Philippe killed for the jewels, and it would be a solid reason. Because to have killed when he simply could have left her MILF (?) lover of course would have seemed a too contrived  plot turn. And that wouldn't have allowed Servais to enter the scene and lead in the end, by denouncing him, (for no apparent reason) Philippe to suicide.

« : September 07, 2016, 02:36:48 PM titoli »

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines