Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2019, 07:42:08 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  High Sierra (1941)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: High Sierra (1941)  ( 4722 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #15 : June 28, 2012, 08:58:38 AM »

So I've seen some of the movies that Groggy and cj advised me to:

The Caine Mutiny indeed features a great Bogie performance. (Fred MacMurray and Tom Tully were also great in supporting roles. Bogie and Tully were nominated for Oscars; the movie was nominated for a total of 7 Oscars categories but did not win any). That line where he says he figured it out with "geometric logic"  ;D 8/10

Dead Reckoning is decent, in the 7/10 range
Dark Passage is ridiculous. It gets 6/10 entirely cuz Bogie and Bacall are always fun to watch. The story is beyond stupid.

« : June 28, 2012, 09:04:10 AM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #16 : September 11, 2013, 06:23:17 AM »

I just saw High Sierra for the second time, this movie goes way up in my estimation. My previous 7/10 rating was so wrong.
I'm giving it a 9/10  O0 O0

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #17 : December 01, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »

I just saw High Sierra for the second time, this movie goes way up in my estimation. My previous 7/10 rating was so wrong.
I'm giving it a 9/10  O0 O0

What planet are you smoking? its a 7/10, at best I like it almost less everytime I see it ^-^

« : December 01, 2013, 04:10:50 PM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #18 : December 01, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

Yeah, the stuff with Joan Leslie is really annoying.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #19 : December 01, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »

I thought Leslie was terrific, I always love Ida Lupino (not talkin about looks, I just mean she is one of my favorite actresses)... Bogie delivers a terrific performance and it's a great character. A terrific movie.

The only negative about this movie is that it spawned I Died a Thousand Times  ;D

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #20 : December 01, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »

What planet are you smoking? its a 7/10, at best I like it almost less everytime I see it ^-^

then maybe you should stop seeing it  ^-^

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #21 : January 05, 2019, 11:05:46 PM »

Just saw the movie again, on TCM. 8/10  :)

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #22 : January 06, 2019, 03:32:01 AM »

Just saw the movie again, on TCM. 8/10  :)

OK, just remember the next time somebody starts shooting at you stand up rather than hunker down i.e. go someplace more exposed. Its a stupid cliche you see over and over again that makes no sense, whether they climb buildings, bridges, gas/oil tanks, or mountains. It's usually there to provide a spectacular fall 

« : January 06, 2019, 03:33:07 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #23 : January 06, 2019, 08:50:46 AM »

OK, just remember the next time somebody starts shooting at you stand up rather than hunker down i.e. go someplace more exposed. Its a stupid cliche you see over and over again that makes no sense, whether they climb buildings, bridges, gas/oil tanks, or mountains. It's usually there to provide a spectacular fall

I believe Roy Earle was killed from behind, by the cop who had climbed the mountain from the other side.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #24 : January 07, 2019, 03:44:27 AM »

I believe Roy Earle was killed from behind, by the cop who had climbed the mountain from the other side.

I haven't see it in a while, but it's remake I Died A Thousand Times has Palance driving up an increasingly snowy road until he spins out, then he heads up too.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines