Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2022, 09:38:28 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Morricone in GBU...
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Morricone in GBU...  ( 5365 )
Lewis Hawk
Bandido

"Creuse..."

« : September 06, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

The music is i think a great part of the emotion of this movie...
So what is the track you prefer?
I really love "story of a soldier". It make me cry....
Thank you Ennio!

John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #1 : September 06, 2004, 09:23:39 AM »

As you know Lewis Hawk (for those who don't know, Lewis hawk is one of my best friend; it's me who make discover this marvelous website... ;D ;D), I agree with you. Story of a Soldier is for me the better music of GBU. But I like too the Ectasy of Gold and the Trio.
In fact, there always is ONE music which are marvelous in the Leone movies, as Claudia Cardinale(Gill MacBain)'s theme in OUATITW, or the flash back music in FOD.

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Ify
Chicken Thief

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!

« #2 : September 06, 2004, 12:36:50 PM »

I absolutely love Morricone's music. When my favourite director, Quentin Tarantino, used Morricone's music which had appeared in QT's favourite director, Sergio Leone's films I was very excited. I love the music in GBU and my favourite is "Il Triello" which was also used in the Kill Bill Volume 2 trailer. "Il Tramonto" is also amongst my favourites, which was used to introduce a great character in both GBU and Kill Bill Volume 2. I also like "As A Judgement" from OUATITW.

« : September 06, 2004, 12:37:45 PM Ify »

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo" -Quentin Tarantino
John Baldwin
Gunslinger

Do you recognize this string ???

« #3 : September 06, 2004, 01:36:59 PM »

For me, the more beautiful of Morricone's music is the FOD's flashback. And for Tarantino, I dislike his movies, but I like the sountracks.

Le monde se divise en deux catégories: ceux qui ont un revolver chargé, et ceux qui creusent; toi tu creuses...
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #4 : September 06, 2004, 08:12:42 PM »

Well, I waited 30 years to find out the words to Story of a Soldier; then found out that the words were written by same gy as did "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus", amazing.  Especially when Leone could have used an existing song, would've been much easier, but that's the point.  Father Ramirez music upon leaving the mission always brings a tear to my eye.  In 1968 I was very disappointed to find the U.S. Soundtrack album was so incomplete, finally got import CD a few years ago, that was great. About 1970  I only found Once/West (special order) record after I looked it up as a single as opposed to an album, due to a printing error.  Ecstacy of Gold, what can I say?  The Trio as in the film; Tuco tracking down Blondie.  

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #5 : September 06, 2004, 08:16:27 PM »

Has anyone figured out the music (strange, not in film) at the end of track 5 (il Ponte di Cordi) on the GDM 7001 CD?

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #6 : September 07, 2004, 12:55:37 AM »

harmonica's theme from OUATITW - sends a shiver down my spine every time i hear it.  :P

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

« #7 : May 19, 2005, 01:22:22 PM »

I would say "Death of a Soldier"...

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Poggle
Bounty Killer

« #8 : May 19, 2005, 03:06:21 PM »

Definately Il Triello/The Trio.

Though I also really love Ecstasy of Gold, The Sunset, and The Desert almost every bit as much.

As catchy as the main theme and the Civil War-related songs are, I really can't put them high up there as favorites of mine.

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #9 : May 21, 2005, 09:15:27 AM »

main theme, the fort, extasy. impossible to choose. each tune has its own merits and is different from the other as conception. Actually I can't even decide whether I like them more listened to on their own or with leone's visualtrack.

Beebs

« #10 : June 06, 2005, 08:01:05 AM »

Definitly the main theme, The Trio(esp. the ending, it makes want to watch that scene) and the Ecstasy of Gold.
I also bought Main theme to FoD and the FoD at the end with the showdown off of iTunes.hehe

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines