Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Badge 373 (1973)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Badge 373 (1973)  (Read 312 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »

I saw this one when first released and then again on tv in the 80's. This third time I didn't like it so much. It's cheap and it shows it from beginning to end. There's nothing of the NYC dirt we associate with this kind of movie, the plot is unimaginative and there's that disgraceful element of the political-delinquent minority gang which taints even better movies like Shaft or Hickey and Boggs. And  Duvall for me is miscast: with his protruding belly he still can outrun younger pursuants or punch effectively bigger sized fellas. 6/10

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:50:00 AM by titoli » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:36:12 PM »

I saw this one when first released and then again on tv in the 80's. This third time I didn't like it so much. It's cheap and it shows it from beginning to end. There's nothing of the NYC dirt we associate with this kind of movie, the plot is unimaginative and there's that disgraceful element of the political-delinquent minority gang which taints even better movies like Shaft or Hickey and Boggs. And  Duvall for me is miscast: with his protruding belly he still can outrun younger pursuants or punch effectively bigger sized fellas. 6/10

The only part I enjoyed was the bus chase.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM