Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 26, 2020, 08:12:42 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  dvd transfer
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: dvd transfer  ( 2078 )
ederlezi
Road Apple

« : July 05, 2005, 10:14:18 AM »

On the R1 Collector's Edition transfer of GBU, I have noticed a strange color error. An example is the scene when Eli Wallach  is taking a bath, and the guy (whose face we saw in the first close-up in the movie) shows up to kill him, and then makes the fatal mistake of talking to Tuco, instead of shooting him ("When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."). In this scene, the background appears completely black and white, and only character's faces are in color. It looks like you're watching a black and white movie that's been colorized. Has anybody else noticed this?

iceman
Bounty Killer

« #1 : July 05, 2005, 03:25:45 PM »

Welcome new guy.....Sorry  ... just watched it again and seems OK to me. You can definatly see colour to the right of Al Mullocks face. Can you take a screen shot to show what you mean ??? ??? ??? ???

Ice

"Take a slug of this captain.....and keep your ears open"
ederlezi
Road Apple

« #2 : July 05, 2005, 11:35:05 PM »

Welcome new guy.....Sorry  ... just watched it again and seems OK to me. You can definatly see colour to the right of Al Mullocks face. Can you take a screen shot to show what you mean ??? ??? ??? ???

Ice

Thanks for the quick reply! My DVD player must be the culprit.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines