Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 19, 2022, 12:32:01 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Fugitive Lady (1950) An american noir in Rome
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Fugitive Lady (1950) An american noir in Rome  ( 145 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : October 25, 2021, 02:58:57 PM »

Though is a British-Iitalian production. That's funny, isn't it? First of all, the italian titles (I watched the italian dub: La strada buia/The Dark Road) list Marino Girolami as the director under the supervision of Salkow. Probably Girolami was on the set to help with locations and actors, I think the movie is by Salkow. But the interesting thing is that the movie is apparently based on a novel which on the italian titles is by Philip Yordan but at IMDB is by Doris Miles Disney. Funny, isn't it? So the movie is a straight crime story based on the investigations of a insurance operative (played by an italian actor I don't think I ever saw but who is well cast, also donning a mackintosh and a fedora in classic PI style). There is a femme fatale (but, alas, only plotwise because Janis Paige has got only youth on her side), married to a rich man only for his money (Ciannelli) but betraying him with Serato (who, with Marchetti, is the only actor I know here). The first hour is shot in plain style, with few roman exteriors and lot of footage in interiors, especially in what is called here, probably following the original english dialogue, "GP club" which is actually Le Grotte del Piccione, most famous restaurant and night club in Rome in the '50's and '60's. But the last 30 minutes are quite noir, shot at night, with heavy rain, wind, and a lot of classic noir elements which justify its inclusion in the history of the genre. 6-7/10

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines