Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2021, 02:49:44 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DJ and D&D Go to the Symphony
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
: DJ and D&D Go to the Symphony  ( 25749 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #105 : September 12, 2021, 11:40:13 AM »

Carnegie Hall is having a full cycle of Beethoven's symphonies with the Philadelphia Orchestra (making up for the series in 2020 that was canceled due to Covid).

You in, DJ?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #106 : October 07, 2021, 08:25:10 AM »

The symphony is back, babbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

After 572 days in the dark, Carnegie Hall returned last night! Was great to be there. (Proof of vaccine required, as are masks. Of course, I just wore my mask on my chin, if at all.)

It was a very exciting night for Miss Baltimore: her first-ever symphony. (Yeah, I give my girls class  ;) )

https://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2021/10/06/Carnegie-Halls-Opening-Night-Gala-The-Philadelphia-Orchestra-0700PM

The Philadelphia Orchestra, conducted by Yannick N?zet-S?guin, will be doing a full cycle of Beethoven's symphonies (they were scheduled to do so in 2020 as part of Beethoven's 250th anniversary celebration, before Covid shut things down.) Last night's opening night gala featured the Fifth Symphony.

Other pieces played last night:
VALERIE COLEMAN Seven O'Clock Shout, a piece honoring frontline workers
SHOSTAKOVICH Piano Concerto No. 2, with Yuja Wang
BERNSTEIN Overture to Candide, a nice little 5-minute piece
MAN HABIBI Jeder Baum spricht - a fucking bullshit piece about global warming. When everyone cheered, I booed.

--

The event was livestreamed, and the full event video is available here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c-cqmQueUo

« : October 07, 2021, 08:35:23 AM drinkanddestroy »

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #107 : October 07, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »

(Yeah, I give my girls class  ;) )
Uh huh. "Lipstick on a pig," and all that.
When everyone cheered, I booed.
Having attended live gigs with you, I know you're telling the truth.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #108 : October 07, 2021, 09:43:12 PM »

Forgot to mention: There was no intermission. I think they do that because of Covid, so people don?t mingle. (They also have a specific door entrance and entry time on each ticket so that people don?t all arrive together. Not sure how much that is enforced.) I had to piss after the first piece, while they were changing the instruments before the second. The usher told me, ?This is not an intermission. You can leave, but if the lights go down before you get back, you won?t be allowed in for this piece.? I ran down the two flights from the balcony to the third-floor bathroom and made it back.

I love the balcony at Carnegie Hall. It overhangs the lower tiers, I get seats dead-center, you can see the entire orchestra, unlike when you are on the floor.

Next show for me: October 20, Beethoven?s 4th Symphony and 6th Symphony (Pastorale).

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #109 : October 07, 2021, 09:55:21 PM »

Having attended live gigs with you, I know you're telling the truth.

Remember when we saw that awful play The Maids and afterward the idiot audience applauded? I booed louder than all the applause  ;D

: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines