Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 12:44:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  music
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: music  (Read 1937 times)
davident
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »

Hi everyone,

When Max, Noodles and the rest of the crew enter a brothel in which they meet a prostitute - a former employé of the diamond business they robbed one can here a very nice ragtime pyano.

Can someone tell me by whom this music is played and what's the name of the song ?

mal247
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:32:02 AM »

Good but irritating question, the answer to which few people will know.

There are 2 pieces of music.  In my mind the first doesn't have much of a melody, seems to be someone picking out notes from scales in an improvised jazz blues piano style.  There are numerous examples of such playing on Youtube and other sites.  The other tune which begins after Noodles delivers the "We've been hanging out so long we're starting to look alike" line to Carol has more of a melody but regrettably I can't place it.

There are people who like these pieces (cheem_2000 "You have that really sexy jazz music playing then when she comes to Max the piano is romantic") but I've always thought that for once the music was secondary to the dialogue and action on screen, just emphasizing the background sounds that one would hear in such an establishment.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM