Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 02:48:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New Mickey Knox book
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mickey Knox book  (Read 1271 times)
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2004, 08:47:09 AM »

Just wanted to pass on that Mickey Knox has a book out: "The Good, The Bad, and la Dolce Vita" about his life (current wife found it by chance for me at library). He only has a few paragraphs about GBU, says he did English portion in a 6-week rush after the Italian version was completed.  He was on set for Once/West as well as in pre-production.  He tells of Al Mulloch's suicide, says that Al was a drug addict, needed a fix, and threw himself off the roof while in costume (which Sergio insisted the crew keep).  Mickey says Al broke a rib but the bumpy ride to civilization and hospital caused the rib to puncture his lung, which killed him.  Mickey talks about Leone not tipping at the Monument Valley hotel/restaurant and him calling Leone a cheapskate (Italy didn't have tipping) which essentially severed any future relationship for him with Leone.  He writes about music being played on set, and during rehearsals, and how a casting agent was so insistent on Tony Perkins as a backup for Bronson.

Ify
Chicken Thief

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 09:12:13 AM »

Anyone here seen Natural Born Killers?? Well it was written by Quentin Tarantino, and the lead male character is called Mickey Knox!

"This CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema. If i'd wanted all that computer game bullshit, I'd have gone home and stuck my dick in my Nintendo" -Quentin Tarantino
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM