Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 07:01:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Fury at Showdown (1957)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fury at Showdown (1957)  (Read 247 times)
AlamoScout210
Road Apple

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2017, 01:49:45 PM »

Reformed ex-convict Brock Mitchell (John Derek) completes a prison sentence for shooting a man in a desperate act of self-defense and travels to the ranch run by his brother, Tracy (Nick Adams). Now an outcast in his own hometown, Brock throws himself into raising animals and working the land. As the newly reconciled Mitchells make up for lost time, vicious gunslinger Miley Sutton (John Smith) finds himself on the payroll of the crooked brother of the man Brock killed.

Such is the plot of this excellent western that I was fortunate to watch on the Starz Western channel a few months ago.

The first good thing about this movie is fans of the tv show Laramie might get a kick out watching John Smith play against type as the villainous gunslinger and he plays it up with gusto.

The other good thing is Fury at Showdown may be a B Western and it packs a lot of punch into its running time but it also lives up to it's name.

This movie quite possibly features the most vicious knock-down, gut-busting, fist-bruising, bloody, knuckle-duster I have ever seen in a western since Shane. At times the fight seems so realistic that I actually think the actors got into a real fist fight!

This is a good one and highly recommendable. 7/10

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:58:55 PM by AlamoScout210 » Logged

"Anybody who doesn't want to hang can step out and get shot"
Moorman
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:31:02 AM »

Gonna see this sometime over the next few days... Thanx for posting.

Spikeopath
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:24:38 AM »

Such is the plot of this excellent western that I was fortunate to watch on the Starz Western channel a few months ago.

The first good thing about this movie is fans of the tv show Laramie might get a kick out watching John Smith play against type as the villainous gunslinger and he plays it up with gusto.

The other good thing is Fury at Showdown may be a B Western and it packs a lot of punch into its running time but it also lives up to it's name.

This movie quite possibly features the most vicious knock-down, gut-busting, fist-bruising, bloody, knuckle-duster I have ever seen in a western since Shane. At times the fight seems so realistic that I actually think the actors got into a real fist fight!

This is a good one and highly recommendable. 7/10

The title sounded familiar but I defo haven't seen it. Good stuff Scout, one for me to make a note of.   Afro

Out you get Hooky, you done your bit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM