Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 02:56:41 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Orson Welles
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 17 18 [19]
: Orson Welles  ( 57771 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #270 : August 30, 2018, 04:04:33 AM »

can't wait.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #271 : August 30, 2018, 10:10:55 AM »

"Select Theaters" on Nov. 2 (or on Netflix). I'm guessing there will be NYC and LA showings. Anywhere else?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #272 : August 30, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

http://www.wellesnet.com/other-side-wind-premiere-review/

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #273 : September 05, 2018, 01:53:29 PM »

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/2018/09/04/venice-2018-welles-and-the-other-side-of-the-wind/

The Other Side of the Windbag--HA!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #274 : September 06, 2018, 03:35:17 AM »

Thanks for that, ;-)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #275 : October 09, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »

Outside of theatrical exhibitions, the best the film has ever looked: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film5/blu-ray_reviews_70/the_magnificent_ambersons_blu-ray.htm

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #276 : October 10, 2018, 05:34:47 AM »

Really excited to rewatch Criterion's version of this. I've only seen it once, many many years ago, on VHS. I may buy a nice Criterion-Welles Bundle with Othello, F For Fake, Chimes at Midnight, and Immortal Story....good use of B&N Sale in November.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #277 : November 10, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »

The Other Side Of The Wind

First Impressions

W*T*F*?, Cool, John Huston, some Film Noir actors Edmund O'Brien, Paul Stewart, Mercedes McCambridge, Cameron Mitchell, nekkid women, Ojar Kodar, home movies, W*T*F*?, improvisation, experimental, flowing into semi-documentary, reminissings by family members, Gary Graver cinematographer, assessment of Welles work, an insight into how he worked and his creative style, his eternal problems with creative control and financing, it's all in the editing, his loss of the footage from The Other Side Of The Wind from repercussions from the Iranian Revolution, Welles having to resort to acting in various projects for money, Welles mooching off Peter Bogdanovich for two years, his last interviews, his biggest curse was the success of Citizen Kane at 25 years old. Like one big free for all fun wild party celebrating Welles.

Interesting enough that I'd watch it again.     

PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #278 : November 11, 2018, 11:30:12 AM »

I thought it was a very interesting art film, and an amazing watch as a big-to-huge Welles fan, but it's also very challenging and oftentimes not comprehensible. There might be more cuts in this than any other movie. By the end, I was exhausted. Part of me wants to watch again for a better understanding, but another part of me would rather just rewatch the tamer but somewhat similar F For Fake.

: 1 ... 17 18 [19]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines