Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 12:14:40 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Keoma (1976)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
: Keoma (1976)  ( 36275 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #105 : April 30, 2014, 03:33:43 AM »

Nice posters Mike  O0 O0 O0

Every time I watch Keoma I like it more and more, and that article hit on some of the things that I've been kicking around in my thoughts.

You have to not think of it as a simple Western. You have to think of Keoma as Western Mythology. But I'll go even a bit further than Griffin and say Keoma is a mythological hero, is already from the land of the dead and he rides out of the underworld (the battlefield ruined town), he goes back to the town on the edge of the Elysian Plains, the witch is DEATH the girl is LIFE, at the end, DEATH is holding the newborn LIFE.

Even my wife remarked how she enjoyed the music this time, its a film that grows on you with repeated viewings. Watch it again ;)

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
uncknown
Gunslinger

What about me?

« #106 : October 17, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »

I guess if you can stand the soundtrack determines whether you like Keoma or not. I hated it. I wanted to like it, but that soundtrack....  :P

I have not watched it yet, but i did watch the main titles to check out the music.
My god, that woman can't sing a lick!

LOL! :D

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #107 : October 18, 2014, 03:42:11 AM »

I have not watched it yet, but i did watch the main titles to check out the music.
My god, that woman can't sing a lick!

LOL! :D

lol, like I said it grows on you with repeated views. Give it a shot sometime.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
uncknown
Gunslinger

What about me?

« #108 : October 28, 2014, 12:59:51 PM »

Well, I watched it.

At first. I thought it was a SCTV-style send-up of Robert Altman's MCCABE AND MRS MILLER (Leonard Cohen sound-alike singing lyrics which explain what we are seeing on the screen)
Then I thought it was a send-up of Peckingpah's PAT GARRETT (slo-mo action w/Dylanesque guitar & harmonica soundtrack)

Then I listened to the director commentary where he confirmed my musings but declared he was making a serious film!!!

Oh well.  AT least it had superior production values: sets, costumes etc.

bruce :D :D

« : October 28, 2014, 01:05:03 PM uncknown »

"Other Morton's will come along  and they'll kill it off"

My article on the restoration of the The Big Gundown
http://thekinskifiles.blogspot.com/2009/01/cinemaretro-13-big-gundown.html
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #109 : October 28, 2014, 02:25:06 PM »

Well, I watched it.

At first. I thought it was a SCTV-style send-up of Robert Altman's MCCABE AND MRS MILLER (Leonard Cohen sound-alike singing lyrics which explain what we are seeing on the screen)
Then I thought it was a send-up of Peckingpah's PAT GARRETT (slo-mo action w/Dylanesque guitar & harmonica soundtrack)

Then I listened to the director commentary where he confirmed my musings but declared he was making a serious film!!!

Oh well.  AT least it had superior production values: sets, costumes etc.

bruce :D :D

it will grow on you if you watch it again.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #110 : September 21, 2018, 05:56:29 AM »

Well, I watched Keoma last night on Amazon Prime, for the first time.  I had seen Keoma and Run, Man, Run on lists of "must see" for folks on this forum.

Well, got half way through Run, Man, Run the other day; will likely finish that out soon, but not so impressed so far.

Keoma was pretty good.  I've seen Django (have a copy on VHS), was familiar with Franco Nero.  I thought the film was pretty decent, liked adult Keoma actually being in frame for the flashback sequences.  I was annoyed by the music/singing.  I was surprised Keoma had a European accent where his father and brothers do not - was that Franco Nero's real voice?

Really liked when Woody Strode/George found and used his bow and arrows. 

: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines