Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 07, 2020, 09:04:33 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Keoma (1976)
0 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
: Keoma (1976)  ( 50147 )
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #60 : January 19, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »

Why doesn't this little known spaghetti western get the recognition it deserves? I mean, when watching it, you see some of the most amazing camera work you'll ever see. It's an extremely underrated film.

"This train'll stop at Tucumbari."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #61 : January 19, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »

I like Keoma alot. I just hate the music, it pisses me off.

My favorite scene in the film is in the saloon at the beginning when he kills the two pistoleros without looking.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #62 : January 19, 2007, 03:11:36 PM »

Why doesn't this little known spaghetti western get the recognition it deserves? I mean, when watching it, you see some of the most amazing camera work you'll ever see. It's an extremely underrated film.

Little known? . . .  Hardly.

Honestly I wasn't too impressed with the film, but that was back when i had only seen six or seven spaghetti westerns (including all the leone westerns). I should watch it again, because after twenty-five more non-Leone spaghetti westerns, you know what to expect from the genre.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #63 : January 19, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »

It may be known to us Leone fans, because we love the spaghetti western genre, but many people I've talk to about this who generally love movies, have never heard of Keoma. In my opinion, the music in the film grows on you. I also love the camera work, which in my opinion is brilliant.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #64 : January 19, 2007, 03:16:44 PM »

Little known? . . .  Hardly.

Really?

I think it's a pretty unknown film.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #65 : January 19, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »

It may be known to us Leone fans, because we love the spaghetti western genre, but many people I've talk to about this who generally love movies, have never heard of Keoma. In my opinion, the music in the film grows on you. I also love the camera work, which in my opinion is brilliant.

Well, yes, almost all spaghetti westerns are unknown to even the most arrogant stuck-up know-it-all film buff (who probably thinks he's "too good" for non-Leone spaghettis anyway)  ::)

But, anyway, watching the trailer again, the camera work did catch my eye. And I never had as much of a problem with the music as my family did, I always kind of liked it.

Silenzio
Bounty Killer

« #66 : January 19, 2007, 03:19:50 PM »

Really?

I think it's a pretty unknown film.

Most of the westerns we discuss on this board are unknown to the average dude, but I assumed he meant "little-known" in relation to the members of this board. Which it certainly isn't. But I understand what he meant now.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #67 : January 19, 2007, 03:20:27 PM »

I think Enzo Castellari really outdid himself in this film.

When it comes to cinematography, Keoma is a masterpiece.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #68 : January 19, 2007, 04:02:31 PM »

I think Enzo Castellari really outdid himself in this film.

When it comes to cinematography, Keoma is a masterpiece.

I agree. The movie has amazing cinematography!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #69 : January 19, 2007, 04:41:19 PM »

I like this one too, I can live with the score also.....  but if they could just delete the vocals and just leave the guitars it would improve things, the only other thing they went a bit over the top on was the slowmo a bit too balletic with the spinning, but a small irritation.

I think that Keoma is another "supernatural" Western like I think OUTITW is, we should analize this one more. I think the bombed out town is in another dimension, a limbo, or Twilight Zone so to speak especially when the witch asks him "Why'd you come back?"

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #70 : January 19, 2007, 05:17:26 PM »

Can you imagine this movie though with an Ennio Morricone Score? It be even better in my opinion!

Arizona Colt
Bounty Killer

"Clear the ground of their traitorous feet!"

« #71 : January 19, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »

The music is fine as it tells the story as the movie progresses reflecting emotions felt by the actors but told through the vocals such as the scene where Nero is tied to the wheel and his "brothers" are looking up at him. The vocals mention wanting his fathers love and reaching out to him but he cannot.

The movie is a "supernatural" western or as I like to refer to it, a "gothic" western. Particularly interesting is the character of the witch woman who represents death as everything she touches dies....except for the little boy at the end. Probably Castellari's most accomplished film and I think he counts this as his favorite of all his films.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #72 : January 19, 2007, 08:13:27 PM »

I think the music would be better without the vocals too.

But I absolutely love the slow-mo during the ( what I like to call ) " Spaghetti Spins. " I love the way in SWs you see the gunshot victim spin around, almost balletically.

Tucumcari Bound
Bounty Killer

« #73 : January 19, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »

I think the music would be better without the vocals too.

But I absolutely love the slow-mo during the ( what I like to call ) " Spaghetti Spins. " I love the way in SWs you see the gunshot victim spin around, almost balletically.

Yes, those "spaghetti spins" as you call are awesome! You get to see that a lot in here. Also the slow mo packinpah shots were fantastic! That's defiently a homage to Sam.

The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #74 : January 20, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »

"Keoma" is a masterpeice of the genre. Most are scared off by the Leonard Cohen like soundtrack (That I love) and never give the film a chance because of it.

« : January 20, 2007, 12:33:12 AM The Firecracker »

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines