Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 01:56:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cult of the Cobra (1955)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cult of the Cobra (1955)  (Read 114 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2017, 07:40:14 AM »

This is just what I mean by saying that the noir label comes too handy for some people. I watched this because I found it reviewed in the Gifford's book and I expected to find at least a trace of a noir element which could justify that inclusion: there's none. And I dare even a noir obsessed like CJ to prove me wrong.  The NYC of the movie is shot entirely in the Universal Studios, safe an an exterior shot who knows where: stock shots and back-projections round up the meal. The movie is in the Cat People department and, as a horror movie, it fares very well, with a good pace and thrilling scenes, earning a solid 7/10.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:41:33 AM by titoli » Logged

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »

This is just what I mean by saying that the noir label comes too handy for some people. I watched this because I found it reviewed in the Gifford's book and I expected to find at least a trace of a noir element which could justify that inclusion: there's none. And I dare even a noir obsessed like CJ to prove me wrong.  The NYC of the movie is shot entirely in the Universal Studios, safe an an exterior shot who knows where: stock shots and back-projections round up the meal. The movie is in the Cat People department and, as a horror movie, it fares very well, with a good pace and thrilling scenes, earning a solid 7/10.

It's not a noir, I agree. I saw a crappy version though 6/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM