Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:56:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The 15:17 to Paris (2018?)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 15:17 to Paris (2018?)  (Read 259 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »

Clint Eastwood is working on a movie about the foiling of an Islamic State terror plot on a Brussels-to-Paris train in 2015. No details yet, no release date announced. Here is the (mostly empty) IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6802308/?ref_=nv_sr_1

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:11:48 AM »

Yeah, I'm afraid the guy is slowly becoming the caricature of something he fought against his whole life.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:55:20 AM »

Yeah, I'm afraid the guy is slowly becoming the caricature of something he fought against his whole life.

And that is what?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

Just another brainwashed part of Hollywood (stupid biopics / "inspired by true events" films) and of the mainstream ideology. He used to be the personification of the fight for personal liberties and individuality against the system. He used to be Bronco Billy.

www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Just another brainwashed part of Hollywood (stupid biopics / "inspired by true events" films) and of the mainstream ideology. He used to be the personification of the fight for personal liberties and individuality against the system. He used to be Bronco Billy.

huh??? wtf does this have to do with personal liberties/individuality? It's about men springing into action to foil a terror attack. I assume you are referring to Sully also. (Though that movie is not very good), it's about a man acting heroically when the situation warrants. This is definitely the sort of thing TMWNN would do if he lived in the 21st century. How is this opposed to "the fight for personal liberties and individuality against the system"?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »

American exceptionalism is disgusting. I haven't seen Sully though, and we still have to see anything from this new project, but Eastwood's recent filmography is getting closer and closer to propaganda. We'll see.

www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 02:14:47 AM »

"Eastwood's recent filmography is getting closer and closer to propaganda."

Wtf???

You're still upset about "American Sniper"   Grin

I'm pretty sure that Eastwood himself was against the Iraq War. He bashed it publicly at the Republican National Convention in 2012!  The movie was based on Chris Kyle's book. And the  movie does not present all his beliefs as being corrct. For example, at the funeral of his friend who had expressed skepticism of the war, Kyle is upset that the guy had expressed skepticism, but the way the movie presents it, I absolutely do not believe it was intended to be positive about Kyle's rigidity or opposition to wuestioning a war. At all. You are so against the Iraq War that you are blinded, pal  Wink

Personally, I'm not so into the rah-rah patriotism; I am libertarian and I don't really think much about that crap. However, I believe that you misunderstand the concept of "American exceptionalism."  It is not a term that I use much or care about much. But when it is used, it is not the American equivalent of Deutschmand Uber Alles or an American Master Race. It is not the modern-day equivalent of Manifest Destiny, which condoned the slaughter of Indians. "American exceptionalism is the belief that America is freest society on earth, and that we should be an example to other nations. For all of our many many problems, and our many many many awful politicians, America is still a freest nation,  and people in totalitarian countries would be much better off if their system of government were closer to America's. "American exceptionalism" has nothing to do with invading other countries, conquering other people, or colonializing.
(Note: There are some people (like me) who believe that America should stand up for human rights of oppressed people. For example, I believe that it was despicable that Donald Trump is meeting with human-rights abusers like the leaders of China, Russia, and Saudi Arabia, and he expresses zero concern about the massive human-rights abuses in those countries.  I believe that everyone everywhere on earth should do all they can to promote the well-being of our fellow man and do our best to stop human-rights abuses.)
"American exceptionalism" is simply the belief that the American way of life, of liberty and justice, should be an example to  - even Western democracies. (Just one example: America - even with nutjob President Trump - could never dream of banning burkas as they could in France. We have a First Amendment. We have greater freedoms than other democracies, including France. But we donnot believe we are racially superior and have no plans on invading France  Wink  

"American exceptionalism" in 2017 has nothing to do with "Manifest Destiny" of 150 years ago.

Anyway, whatever you believe "American exceptionalism" means or doesn't mean, this has nothing to do with "The 15:17 to Paris," which is a movie about Americans thwarting a terror attack. I have no idea what "American exceptionalism" has to do with this movie  Roll Eyes

p.s. What other movies are you referring to about being propaganda? Don't tell me "J. Edgar"; that movie is very critical of Hoover's abuses.

p.p.s. if I take your advice and bang a Senegalese chick, would that prove I am not an American exceptionalist?  Evil

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:18:55 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »

Exactly my point. "American exceptionalism" is as ridiculous as the "exception franÁaise" and whatever bullshit every single country believes in.

We'll see how "The 15;17 to Paris" deals with the fact that there were many heroes in this train and only 2 of them are American (including the stupid one that spends his saterday nights fighting in nightclubs). When you see how American Sniper sees (civilian) Iraqis...

Just go to Dakar for the fashion week Smiley

www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM