Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2018, 12:09:17 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  John Ford
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
: John Ford  ( 8941 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #60 : December 04, 2017, 03:38:50 PM »

You are all wrong:

@Mike: some masters ARE overrated. Even more, in a way, all masters are overrated to a certain point since they are treated as infallible superhumans. You can say "I see why Ford is great BUT I don't think he deserves as much praise as he gets, which happens to be the exact definition of overrated" and still be somebody who understands a thing or two about cinema.
@Stanton: there is a part of art that is an objective truth and not an opinion.
@Moorman: The Searcher's cinematography is astonishing.
@Drink: The Patriot is a turd.

Jessica and Novecento, you pass.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #61 : December 04, 2017, 09:10:59 PM »

@Stanton: there is a part of art that is an objective truth and not an opinion.

Actually I think there is no truth at all. No objectivity, everything is subjective, not only art. But that to explain is a bit complicated.

Whatever, art is what people are able to see in it. What we call art is a consensus of those who are interested. A compromise with other words.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #62 : December 04, 2017, 10:19:30 PM »

The Searchers is one the greatest movies ever made in my opinion. The hokey Norman Rockwell moments (somehow) perfectly blend in with the darkness of the movie and the Ethan Edwards character. There's a real mystique there, those dated comedy scenes probably add to the "other things going on" sentiment. I don't think The Searchers is a better movie with those scenes cut or altered. It's certainly artificial at times, but artificiality is a characteristic of many of all time great movies.

As for The Searchers being dated, sure, I guess you can say that, but you can also apply that label to the 1957 Chevy Bel Air, The Flamingos "I Only Have Eyes for You" and Mickey Spillane novels.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines