Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:49:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blackhat (2015)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blackhat (2015)  (Read 632 times)
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

Trailer
American and Chinese agencies work together to stop a conspiracy involving a cyber criminal, With the help of Nicholas Hathaway, a con who was released from the slammer, the authorities pursue the mysterious suspect as The dangerous search leads them from Chicago to Hong Kong.

New film from Michael Mann (Heat, Collateral, Public Enemies). I've always enjoyed his films even Miami Vice was alright so this is cool to see.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:56:16 AM by Kurug3n » Logged
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:17:54 AM »

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/breaking-down-michael-manns-sharper-directors-cut-of-blackhat-20160211

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »

Thanks for sharing.

I missed this when it came out. Now I need to choose which version to watch... (once this new director's cut is inevitably released of course)

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:25 PM »

I was one of the six people in audience on that opening Friday night and I remembered enjoying it. Chris Hemsworth is forgettable but the situation that the character was put in kept me interested in seeing it out. Then again I seem to be the only one around the people I know that enjoyed Miami Vice so who knows what my enjoyment of this means. The directors cut seems interesting with the changing of the meltdown from the beginning to the middle . Also, having a release of the film with Mann's commentary would be worth checking out.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »

They aired the Director's cut on the US cable channel "FX" last night. Apparently it will be airing again this Sunday evening.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 05:00:52 AM »

The director's cut plays significantly better than the theatrical version - this is not just minor tweaking by Mann.

If you can turn a blind eye to the problems with the Hathaway character, then this is now a really great film oozing with Mann style. The problem with the Hathaway character is why is a computer hacker able to handle himself like a Navy SEAL? Happily the scene of him doing push-ups in prison has been removed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM