Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:01:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NEW DIRECTORS CUT
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEW DIRECTORS CUT  (Read 225390 times)
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »

premiere posters in europe

Rome Italy GUCCI

Paris France restore version premiere for the public

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:57:07 PM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2012, 12:03:12 AM »

if they are releasing it to the public so soon after Cannes, I guess it is safe to assume that they will be showing the Cannes version, and they have not (yet) restored any more footage? (In the French interview that Mat Viola translated on this thread, Scorcese mentioned something about the possibility of restoring  20-25 minutes in addition to the 20-25 minutes that was already restored for Cannes, which would coincide with the 45-50 minutes of extra material that Leone wanted in the movie).

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:04:22 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »

if they are releasing it to the public so soon after Cannes, I guess it is safe to assume that they will be showing the Cannes version, and they have not (yet) restored any more footage? (In the French interview that Mat Viola translated on this thread, Scorcese mentioned something about the possibility of restoring  20-25 minutes in addition to the 20-25 minutes that was already restored for Cannes, which would coincide with the 45-50 minutes of extra material that Leone wanted in the movie).

As was previous anounced Sergio Leone children found 40 min of footage, 25 min were restored other scenes have technical issues according to the article, approx 15 min scenes still left, According to Martin Scorsese only copies were founded they could not found original negatives of the missing scenes according to the interview, I believe there is more scenes somewhere lying on the shelf and one day i hope they see the light

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:08:23 AM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 12, 2012, 12:56:08 AM »

I hope they when they release it on dvd, they have all 45-50 minutes of missing footage dvd. But I am certainly not confident of it.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2012, 01:01:48 AM »

The initial articles that announced this restoration (in March 2011) said that the Leone children bought the Italian rights to the film. I hope that the the restored movie will actually be shown in American theaters and American dvd/blu ray, but am holding my breath until I actually see it announced.

cheem_2000
Road Apple

'With the Wind!'

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2012, 11:06:33 AM »

Whether or not you like that restored scene in the cemetery, I think Louise Fletcher's acting in that scene is wonderful.

---

With the part in that scene involving the limo and the license plate (plus the later scene with it blowing up), this movie really seems more like a PI story; in the 229MV, while there of course is the whole element of mystery involving who sent Noodles the letters, I think it seems like much more of the internal, dream-like mystery. For some reason -- maybe it's just cuz I am not used to that scene -- I feel that maybe the limo and writing down the license plate makes it too much of a regular, literal PI story. There are other elements of the scene that I feel are important (eg. some of the stuff with Fletcher,  and the limo blowing up explaining why Noodles cares so much about the news story on the tv at Fat Moe's), but maybe that part with writing down the license plate is a bit overdoing it.

I'd still like to see every minute of deleted footage put back into the four and a half hour or so version of the movie that Leone originally wanted  Smiley
I love the way Leone shot Louise Fletcher. It seemed that she might have something to do with the whole mystery. It was done in a very subtle way. But her acting was a bit stilted.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »

Paris France restore version premiere for the public

Wow, June 22nd is really soon.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:28 AM »

Any French member interested in going to cinema for this? I'm around Paris.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2012, 12:07:10 AM »

ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA 1984 Restored Extended Version

Italian premiere Piazza Maggiore Bologna

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:40:29 AM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 24, 2012, 03:56:58 AM »

thanks  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 24, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »

You also why Friday, June 22, seven persons were given an appointment in quiet Piazza Maggiore in Bologna (and have left it the night at 2:30), Italian for the first (after the only other presentation at Festival Cannes ) the restoration of " Once Upon a Time in America ", an evening in anticipation of the festival The Cinema Rediscovered , the Film Library of Bologna promotes twenty-six years that kicks off Saturday, June 23, ending Saturday June 30, 2012.
Say what? Huh

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »

Italian premiere

poster

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:23:15 AM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2012, 03:46:08 AM »

oh wow, that is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing  Afro Afro Afro

I hope we get some similar experience here in New York. But I am not holding my breath. (I'd be happy with just a normal theatrical release. But considering that all the articles said the Leone children purchased the Italian rights to the film, who knows if we'll even get a theatrical screening here in America).

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:15 AM »

Man, could people there actually read the subtitles? Some of those folks were sitting pretty far away.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Derbent 5000
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 26, 2012, 03:39:28 PM »

ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA 1984 RESTORED EXTENDED VERSION Premiere At The Piazza Maggiore A Bologna 2012

C'ERA UNA VOLTA IN AMERICA 1984 Restaurato Piazza Maggiore A Bologna 2012

Only disappointment is that it's not in the original aspect ratio 1.85:1 left and right sides are still crop i compare my DVD and HDTV versions to the early restored studio preparation version and the one premiere in italy, sure you can see the difference

Comparison between HDTV - DVD and early Restore Extended versions and Italy premiere

I analyze images measures the first and third image in 1.78:1 the second image in approx 1.93:1

May be it's to early to say i guess theatrical and video release can be different we'll see upon Blu-ray release later

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:32:57 PM by Derbent 5000 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM