Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2022, 04:51:06 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  NEW DIRECTORS CUT
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49
: NEW DIRECTORS CUT  ( 480007 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #675 : November 30, 2015, 09:11:10 AM »

Leone  made his preferred 4.5-hour version, which he later reluctantly cut down to 3:47
which he later called his "preferred version"

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #676 : November 30, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »

Listen to Stanton. He's always right.
Except when he's talking about French stuff.
Or about The Lady From Shanghai.

That's a bit exaggerated, only a bit, and a bit unfair in case of the French part. Actually I don't know much about Quantum Physics and Cranberry Sauce either.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #677 : November 30, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »

Actually I don't know much about Quantum Physics and Cranberry Sauce either.

You lack self confidence, Stanton. I trust you.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #678 : November 30, 2015, 04:24:24 PM »

Self - what?

Whatever, as compensation I know a lot about Quantum of Solace, and solace seems to be more important as physics. With solace we all wait for the perfect versions of most Leones, but the apparent physical reality always betrays us.
Lil' fuckers ...

« : November 30, 2015, 04:26:47 PM stanton »

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #679 : November 30, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »

These quotes are often mistakable, cause they often refer to rough cuts, which are often twice as long as the final edit.

And the correct runtime is still 229 min or 3:49 hours. That's how the film was released unless censorial cuts were made in some countries.

Maybe 3:49 not 3:47, my bad

I remember a big debate someone had ( was it you?) with the board member ONCE over whether there was a 220-minute version. Then one day, ONCE just canceled his acct. and all his posts disappeared, too  ;D

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #680 : November 30, 2015, 05:23:13 PM »

which he later called his "preferred version"

perhaps he later decided the 3:49 version was better. Perhaps he was, as  mentioned above, putting a brave face on it. At that point, perhaps there was no hope for the  4 1/2 hour version, so  he was trying to "sell" 3:47 the version is much as possible. Who knows.
What we do know, if Frayling is correct,  is that at the time of the movie's release, Leone wanted the 4 1/2 hour version.  Therefore,I would like to have that version. And I would like to have the 3:49 version as well. Then everyone can watch whatever he/ she prefers.

Was it ever explain why the " new" version is only 251 minutes? Did they not have the other half hour or so even in that bad quality?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #681 : December 01, 2015, 02:09:38 AM »

Maybe 3:49 not 3:47, my bad

I remember a big debate someone had ( was it you?) with the board member ONCE over whether there was a 220-minute version. Then one day, ONCE just canceled his acct. and all his posts disappeared, too  ;D

He did? He deleted all his posts?

Yes, I remember that. But I don't remember if there was a consensus. Actually, apart from that discussion, I can't remember that I ever read anything about a shorter version authorisised by Leone than the theatrical version, and that is the one released on DVDs and Blus, and is the one which runs 229 min.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #682 : December 01, 2015, 05:47:35 AM »

Please stop bullying Stanton! #LeaveStantonAlone

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #683 : December 01, 2015, 07:59:07 AM »

Yeah, all of ONCE's posts are gone. It's a shame because that dude was really well-researched and posted some great, informative stuff RE: OUATIA. All we have left from him are the stuff he posted that was quoted in other people's posts. But his own posts are gone. I have no idea why he did that. Other people have canceled their accounts but their posts have remained.

« : December 01, 2015, 07:10:05 PM drinkanddestroy »

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #684 : December 01, 2015, 08:40:16 AM »

He's explained at least a couple times:

- he was spending too much time on the board (hence the high quality posts)
- his wife wasn't happy about it (girls always make you chose between Sergio and them)
- it was kind of an addiction (just like Drink) so to stop himself from coming back he deleted his account
- he still came back for a short period of time here and there, with new accounts
- he had no idea deleting his account was gonna delete the posts

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #685 : December 01, 2015, 02:58:24 PM »

- he had no idea deleting his account was gonna delete the posts

Is that so?
Normally, or at least in other forums the posts remain when an account is deleted. And the account remains then as "guest". If one wants to delete his posts he has to do this manually, but before he deletes his account.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #686 : December 01, 2015, 03:41:21 PM »

I doubt he would do that. I mean the whole idea was that he was spending too much time. Why take even MORE time undoing what you already took too much time doing?
Anyway, he was trying to fight an addictive behaviour. That can lead to strange actions. The point is he had his reasons.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #687 : December 01, 2015, 07:12:37 PM »

What names did he come back as?

I remember that he was here for a very short time buthis posts blew me away. Informative, researched, incredible stuff. And all on one movie.

Addicted to a message board?  ;D

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #688 : December 02, 2015, 02:20:02 AM »

Addicted to a message board?  ;D

I suspect you are too.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #689 : December 02, 2015, 02:31:21 AM »

I doubt he would do that. I mean the whole idea was that he was spending too much time. Why take even MORE time undoing what you already took too much time doing?
Anyway, he was trying to fight an addictive behaviour. That can lead to strange actions. The point is he had his reasons.

If any deleted account automatically deletes any post of this member, several threads could become difficult to read. There are even forums in which you can't alter a post after a few hours, so that nobody can delete any of his older posts.

But then every forum software is different, and if here the posts are directly connected with the account, this should be changed if possible. Not that every thread in this forum has a great value, which should be preserved for the future, but some have.

: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines