Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 09:32:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Photobucket
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photobucket  (Read 172 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »

Photobucket is cracking down on people embedding on third-party websites images it hosts, until now, for free.

The photo-slinging internet elder now says that anyone who wants to use its service to display photos it hosts on other pages such as signature banners in forum posts will now need to open up their wallets and plop down $399.99 a year for a subscription plan.

Don't know how this is going to screw up our images on the site  Cry

Join Imgur I just did easy

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 02:12:39 PM »

Photobucket is cracking down on people embedding on third-party websites images it hosts, until now, for free.

The photo-slinging internet elder now says that anyone who wants to use its service to display photos it hosts on other pages such as signature banners in forum posts will now need to open up their wallets and plop down $399.99 a year for a subscription plan.

Don't know how this is going to screw up our images on the site  Cry

Join Imgur I just did easy

This will screw up all the art photos I posted from my museum visits years ago. Luckily, I recently started aharing links instead.

How do you know Imgur won't change rules like PhotoBucket? Only way to ENSURE that we'll be good is to start hosting pics ourselves  Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »

This will screw up all the art photos I posted from my museum visits years ago. Luckily, I recently started aharing links instead.

How do you know Imgur won't change rules like PhotoBucket? Only way to ENSURE that we'll be good is to start hosting pics ourselves  Smiley

That might cost money.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »

That might cost money.

Of course it may, as we'll have to expand our storage capacity.

I, for one, would be more than willing to chip in some dough to help run/improve the site. Perhaps we can get a few others ....

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM