Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 11:24:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Faccia a faccia aka Face to Face (1967)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faccia a faccia aka Face to Face (1967)  (Read 44429 times)
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2011, 07:08:54 PM »

Ugh. I just want to see this movie already. It's never been on TCM (no surprise), has dead links everywhere online and was never on youtube.

If anyone has any info to where I can find this, send me a pm. Thanks.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »

Actually, I saw it on YouTube a year or two ago.

Saturday nights with Groggy
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »

well that was my chance.

I guess I'm just not meant to see this movie for a while or something.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre. What did you think of the script?
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2011, 01:57:58 PM »

Can't say i'm bothered particularly if we're still only talking about the short version of the film. Roll Eyes

Jill
Bounty Killer

This time I did

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »

I want it too. With English subs. Nowhere to be found.

"Does this unit have a soul?"
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2011, 01:52:26 AM »

Well, the Koch DVD includes the uncut Italian version and English subs.

But I think you all know that already ...

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »

Whenever it finally emerges it really does look promising now with talk of a "dual format" and at the uncut length of 107 minutes. Cheesy

http://eurekavideo.co.uk/classics/faccia-a-faccia-face-to-face/

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2011, 11:36:24 AM »

I think that is out of date - apparently only a DVD will be released, but I'm not sure.

It's my least favorite of the Sollima trilogy anyway so I doubt I'll be getting it anyway.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »

apparently only a DVD will be released, but I'm not sure.

Suits me(i don't care for bluray anyway,especially for old movies where difference is negligable)just so long as the English audio is good throughout and that it's uncut.

Definitely one of my top 10 sw's and Sollima's best!

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »

....i don't care for bluray anyway,especially for old movies where difference is negligable...

Actually a well-restored old movie on blu-ray is usually far superior to its DVD counterpart. Check out some of the Criterion DVDs re-released on BD.

Definitely one of my top 10 sw's and Sollima's best!

Yeh, my opinions on Sollima's SW are a bit strange in comparison to most people. I rank "Run man Run" as just slightly better than "The Big Gundown" and don't really care for "Face to Face" at all. Most people seem to put TBG or FTF at the top and don't care for RMR.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

Yeh, my opinions on Sollima's SW are a bit strange in comparison to most people. I rank "Run man Run" as just slightly better than "The Big Gundown" and don't really care for "Face to Face" at all. Most people seem to put TBG or FTF at the top and don't care for RMR.

I with you on this, parts of FTF are great but the whole doesn't add up to the sum of its parts. I rank them TBG, RMR, then FTF.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »

Here's the latest. It's a confusing press release, as it says this will be a DVD only release, but then later talks about Blu-ray. Also, it appears to be the shorter version.

PRESS RELEASE: FACCIA A FACCIA, a film by Sergio SOLLIMA is to be released on DVD ONLY on 20 June 2011

- Long-awaited spaghetti western - a beloved classic of aficionados - never before released to an English speaking market on DVD
- Starring Italian legends Tomas Milian (Traffic, JFK) and Gian Maria Volonte (Le Cercle Rouge, A Fistful of Dollars)
- Directed by spaghetti western maestro Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown, Run Man Run, Revolver, Violent City)
- Music by the legendary Ennio Morricone (The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Cinema Paradiso)
- Featuring English and Italian soundtracks, both fully subtitled

SYNOPSIS:

One of the best films from Italian genre master Sergio Sollima (The Big Gundown), Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face ) is a gangbusting western saga and a gripping parable of the rise of fascism. Upstanding history professor Brad Fletcher (played by the incomparable Gian Maria Volonte) is forced into retirement by his poor health and moves west for the warmer climate. Almost as soon as he arrives, however, he is taken hostage by famed bandit Solomon Bennett (the great Tomas Milian) in an accidental confrontation, and by necessity is forced to take up with his cohorts. But the learned man's growing identification with the gang encourages him to stage a takeover from Bennett, and a new crueller system of leadership is put into place.

Produced by Sergio Leone's longtime partner Alberto Grimaldi, featuring stunning Techniscope cinematography, and a pounding score by il maestro Ennio Morricone, this long-requested Italian western makes its first appearance on Blu-ray anywhere in the world from a beautiful high-definition master, with both English and Italian soundtracks.

Faccia a Faccia (Face to Face ) is to be released as on DVD on 20 June 2011

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Original Italian audio with newly translated English subtitles,
- US & Italian Theatrical trailers,
- Interview with director Sergio Sollima, lavish 16 page booklet containing new essay by spaghetti western expert Howard Hughes

Label: Eureka Entertainment

Catalogue No: EKA40324
Barcode: 5060000403244
Release Date: 20 June 2011
Certificate: 12
Run Time: 92 min
Format: 2.35:1 OAR/ Colour
Genre: Spaghetti Western
Director: Sergio SOLLIMA
Year: 1967
Language: Italian
Subtitles: English (Optional)

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews54/faccia_a_faccia.htm

This is the full 107 minute version (PAL timing) rather than the 93 minute version initially submitted by Eureka to the BBFC

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Banjo
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

No English soundtrack.What a complete washout! Angry

For anyone that wants a decent print of  the uncut version with a reasonable English audio then this appears to be the best way to go:-

http://cultcine.com/products-page/spaghetti-western/face-to-face-1967-ntsc-sergio-sollima-remastered-widescreen/

And here's a review:-

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Face_to_Face_DVD_Review_%28Cultcine%29

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:02:18 PM by Banjo » Logged
T.H.
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »

So I finally saw this (107 min. version) and it lives up to the hype. It says quite a bit without being preachy and is highly entertaining. Milian and GMV had great chemistry and the score was solid. Very good ending too.

It's a shame the bluray was cancelled. It's also something of a travesty that Django is pretty much the only non Leone spag on R1 bluray.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM