Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 04:42:30 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Pemiere Classics (french magazine)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2
: Pemiere Classics (french magazine)  ( 1306 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« : January 19, 2018, 05:05:07 AM »

One of the biggest movies magazine in France is called Premiere. They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book") called Premiere Classics. The second issue is about GBU.
I bought it despite the terrible layout and artworks but I don't think I'll have the time to read it in the coming week.

« : January 19, 2018, 05:07:13 AM noodles_leone »

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #1 : January 19, 2018, 06:18:44 AM »

One of the biggest movies magazine in France is called Premiere. They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book") called Premiere Classics. The second issue is about GBU.
I bought it despite the terrible layout and artworks but I don't think I'll have the time to read it in the coming week.

But what is it exactly?? Is it simply the story line of GBU, i.e. the book version of the movie??  Or is it a booklet describing  the making of GBU? Anecdotes during shooting? Interviews with actors???

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #2 : January 19, 2018, 07:15:43 AM »

A booklet describing the making of, analysis, interviews.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #3 : January 19, 2018, 07:58:41 AM »

One of the biggest movies magazine in France is called Premiere....

The same company used to publish an English version called "Premiere" (i.e. without the grave accent) in the UK and the US. The French one was the original one though and the articles were different of course. According to wikipedia it folded in 2007 in the US and 2010 in the UK.

They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book") called Premiere Classics.

Kind of like those Cinema Retro  "Movie Classics" special editions then.

Let us know what the content is like once you have time to go through it.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

« #4 : January 19, 2018, 09:12:15 AM »

I doubt there are any revelations in there but it's nice to know that this film continues to get the attention it deserves.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #5 : January 19, 2018, 12:05:52 PM »

I was thinking of buying it. I contacted them as there was no way to buy it from their website and they said they hadn't sorted the shipping to UK out and to try in a couple of weeks.
Its a 24 page article. Are there any new photos in it?

Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #6 : January 19, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »

I was thinking of buying it. I contacted them as there was no way to buy it from their website and they said they hadn't sorted the shipping to UK out and to try in a couple of weeks.

Just buy it from amazon.fr

https://www.amazon.fr/Premiere-Classics-N-2/dp/B077697M83/

Its a 24 page article. Are there any new photos in it?

Looking at the complete front cover, it looks like GBU is the main focus of the issue but there is a bunch of other stuff as well like "Lawrence d'Arabie" which might interest some other board members here.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #7 : January 19, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »

They're starting a new collections of "Mooks" (in their own words: "contraction of magazine and book")
The Japanese were using the term more than 30 years ago.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #8 : January 20, 2018, 09:04:25 AM »

Yeah, only 24 pages about GBU, then most of the thing is about other classics. A bit disappointing. And yes there are pics. I still haven't read anything but here is a quick videos of me turning all the GBU pages (and quickly going through the rest of it) so you can get a sense of the content:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gSPoJgQnwNXhYdkLiAL9RvQCI_zRO8EA

www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #9 : January 20, 2018, 04:57:26 PM »

Looks nice!

Thanks for the vid! You can now embark on a new career as “The Silent Unboxer”   >:D

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #10 : January 21, 2018, 03:29:39 AM »

Say Noodles, why do the Frenchies always write in French? Ain't that a bit disrespectful against Trumpcountry?
I might add that the Germans rarely write in French for good reasons ...

Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #11 : January 21, 2018, 12:24:57 PM »

Yeah, only 24 pages about GBU, then most of the thing is about other classics. A bit disappointing. And yes there are pics. I still haven't read anything but here is a quick videos of me turning all the GBU pages (and quickly going through the rest of it) so you can get a sense of the content:

Thanks for posting that. I won't be buying this now though.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #12 : January 22, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gSPoJgQnwNXhYdkLiAL9RvQCI_zRO8EA
Uh, thanks, but . . . you couldn't be bothered to light this properly? Don't expect any DP assignments from me![/i].

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #13 : January 22, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »

Uh, thanks, but . . . you couldn't be bothered to light this properly? Don't expect any DP assignments from me![/i].

As they say in France
quel douche
   ^-^

« : January 22, 2018, 03:21:40 PM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #14 : January 22, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »

Thanks for the video!
Bad layout, nothing new regarding images...
Saved some money.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines