Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2018, 12:34:47 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Noodles_Leone to NYC
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1] 2 3 ... 6
: Noodles_Leone to NYC  ( 3586 )
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« : January 31, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »

Hey guys,
So I'm going to New York in march. Here is my schedule:

10th-15th : filming a short movie with a friend of mine you don't know and a former board member (Lewis Hawk)
16th-17th : writing alone or with former board member Lewis Hawk in the city
18th-24th : sightseeing with the girlfriend

I'd be glad to meet up with some of you.

Also, we're looking for interesting looking parts of the city that we don't see that often in films and commercials. Any idea?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #1 : January 31, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »

Hey guys,

10th-15th : filming a short movie with a friend of mine you don't know and a former board member (Lewis Hawk)

Also, we're looking for interesting looking parts of the city that we don't see that often in films and commercials. Any idea?

You have to visit the OUATIA filimg locations.

A1 used to have a website with detailed locations. Not sure if his site is still around, but I think DJ wisely printed out the materials so he should have the info.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #2 : January 31, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »

I'm sure I'll film something where Dominic slipped. I remember there are some cool art galleries in this part of Brooklyn.

www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : January 31, 2018, 02:50:47 PM »

Hey guys,

Astoria Park and Hell Gate is pretty cool. Long Island City with The Queensboro Bridge, Museum of the Moving Image http://www.movingimage.us/visit/

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #4 : February 01, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »

need any help with the short? got a team of DPs, editors, gfx artists...just a few hours away in RI. if schedules are open im sure me and others would love to be involved.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #5 : February 01, 2018, 10:11:00 AM »

I'm sure I'll film something where Dominic slipped. I remember there are some cool art galleries in this part of Brooklyn.
It's called DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass). You are right about the art galleries--there are supposed to be good restaurants there also.

I have some hours free on March 20, 21, 22, 23, so maybe we can connect on one of those dates. Drink, you free anytime in there?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #6 : February 01, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »

Astoria Park and Hell Gate is pretty cool. Long Island City with The Queensboro Bridge, Museum of the Moving Image http://www.movingimage.us/visit/

Hell Gate looks very cool, as well as the view of Manhattan from there. The Long Island big sign looks nice too, I cannot believe I cannot picture a single movie it was used in. Can you?

It's called DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass).

It sounded like you were making fun of me so I had to double check that, but yeah, DUMBO is the real name (at least if you didn't create the Wikipedia page in multiple langages just to mess with me).

need any help with the short? got a team of DPs, editors, gfx artists...just a few hours away in RI. if schedules are open im sure me and others would love to be involved.

We will sure take all the help we can use from a serious shooting crew (and gear, like the tripod I won't be able to bring with me). I'm only starting to work on the screenplay so I cannot be very specific right now, but I really appreciate the offer. That's be great!

« : February 01, 2018, 11:07:21 AM noodles_leone »

www.ThibautOskian.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : February 01, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »

Hell Gate looks very cool, as well as the view of Manhattan from there. The Long Island big sign looks nice too, I cannot believe I cannot picture a single movie it was used in. Can you?

12th-15th : I can be there any of those days
19th-23th : and any of these

Movies, not off hand but there may one or two, the big Silvercup Sign is there also, close by is the old Airport Diner too, inside it's got the old style booths with the individual table top coin operated jukebox selectors.

Also the large Sunnyside Yards https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunnyside_Yard

« : February 02, 2018, 05:21:30 AM cigar joe »

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #8 : February 01, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »

It's called DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass). You are right about the art galleries--there are supposed to be good restaurants there also.

I have some hours free on March 20, 21, 22, 23, so maybe we can connect on one of those dates. Drink, you free anytime in there?

I am generally available to meet in evenings, anytime starting like 7:45 p.m. Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays are best. But if absolutely necessary, I can do Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #9 : February 01, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »

We will sure take all the help we can use from a serious shooting crew (and gear, like the tripod I won't be able to bring with me). I'm only starting to work on the screenplay so I cannot be very specific right now, but I really appreciate the offer. That's be great!
Shoot me the script as it gets closer. we've got a lot of stuff gear...and a RED!

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #10 : February 05, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »

First I read you wrote "May" and got excited 'cause I'll possibly be around there 22nd to 26th May. But better luck next time!

I'll get back to you guys closer to May again when my schedule is clearer. It would be cool to grab a beer at McSorley's. Though I'm not sure how many of the board members even remember the poor old moviesceleton.

BTW, we're planning to start our trip from L.A. and drive to New Orleans or there about (and fly to NYC). Is it a total suicide mission to drive through Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and/or New Mexico in April/May because of the tornados?

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #11 : February 05, 2018, 02:16:19 PM »

It would be cool to grab a beer at McSorley's.
It's always cool to grab a beer at McSorley's, but it's even better to grab two: one light and one dark.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #12 : February 05, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »

BTW, we're planning to start our trip from L.A. and drive to New Orleans or there about (and fly to NYC). Is it a total suicide mission to drive through Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and/or New Mexico in April/May because of the tornados?

If you have an app on your phone and are flexible in routes and time you can probably dodge the bad weather.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #13 : March 08, 2018, 12:40:10 PM »

Ok guys, this is getting closer: I'm taking the plane the day after tomorrow. You guys are still free from the 21st?

www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #14 : March 08, 2018, 12:53:05 PM »

Ok guys, this is getting closer: I'm taking the plane the day after tomorrow. You guys are still free from the 21st?
I shall make myself free.

The weather, though, has been acting up lately. Best to keep things tentative.  ;)

: [1] 2 3 ... 6  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines