Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2018, 03:49:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Great Silence aka Il grande silenzio (1968)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Great Silence aka Il grande silenzio (1968)  (Read 102363 times)
Moorman
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 14, 2018, 11:05:55 AM »

The only thing i don't like is it will be in Italian with English subtitles. Doesn't that half defeat the purpose of getting the rights to bring the film to North America?  I rather they get the Fantoma version and release it WITH the Italian version.  I just can't get into subtitled movies... Embarrassed

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 14, 2018, 01:22:49 PM »

Even the blu-ray won't have audio options? Surely an English territory blu-ray will be able to secure the rights to English audio? The English dubbing on TGS is actually pretty good and we get to hear Frank Wolff's and Vonetta McGee's (I think?) own voices too.

Moorman
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »

Even the blu-ray won't have audio options? Surely an English territory blu-ray will be able to secure the rights to English audio? The English dubbing on TGS is actually pretty good and we get to hear Frank Wolff's and Vonetta McGee's (I think?) own voices too.

We probably will not get the final answer until the film is released. I'm like you, how can they release the Blu Ray without the audio options?  They HAVE to or like i said,  its a wasted effort to secure the rights.  The film would remain almost as obscure as it always has been.  There is no way i can see them paying up to get the rights and not securing the English Dub version.  If they did, it was a big mistake. I did a double take when i saw the listing on their website that plainly says that it is in Italian with English subtitles...

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 01:32:54 PM by Moorman » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM