Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 04:37:18 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Vamos a matar, compaņeros aka Companeros (1970)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
: Vamos a matar, compaņeros aka Companeros (1970)  ( 45096 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #120 : December 20, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »

cool.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #121 : December 22, 2009, 08:12:15 AM »

Hey, that's great news!
I was under the impression that the dvd was already out, as I've been hearing about it for more than a year now.

With the doc (thankfully subtitled) I'll pick it up.

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #122 : December 22, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »

I've already got the Japanese DVD, so the only reason I would want this new one is for the interviews?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
The Firecracker
Bounty Killer

Rub me the wrong way, and I'll go off in your face

« #123 : December 23, 2009, 12:09:17 AM »

I've already got the Japanese DVD, so the only reason I would want this new one is for the interviews?

Isn't there a full doc attached?

The Official COMIN' AT YA! re-release site
http://cominatyanoir3d.com/
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #124 : December 31, 2009, 08:24:14 AM »

I guess I persuaded Koch-Media to go with englisch subtitles at the very last minute :)
I like these forums best when they really influence things.

I'll translate it next week... (The documentary - the main film has an english soundtrack anyway as I understand)
I'll be back with final confirmation and more details about the DVD soon..

That is truly great news! Thank you so much Mike!

O0 O0 O0

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #125 : December 31, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »

I'm doing it right now. Quite nice. I never knew that Franco Nero had a serious crush
on Giovanna Ralli when he was young :)

I'll stop now and fire my Colt to say HELLO to the new year.
Only time in the year you can shot here without being chased by the fuzz :)

Happy New Year to everybody

and

VIVA MEXICO

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #126 : December 31, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

I'm doing it right now. Quite nice. I never knew that Franco Nero had a serious crush
on Giovanna Ralli when he was young :)

I'll stop now and fire my Colt to say HELLO to the new year.
Only time in the year you can shot here without being chased by the fuzz :)

Happy New Year to everybody

and

VIVA MEXICO

Happy New Year to all

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #127 : July 18, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »

Oct. 28th: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14510

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #128 : July 23, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »

I don't know if I'll make the upgrade here. BU hasn't shown up for this format.

I'll probably buy it down the line when it's on sale.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #129 : July 23, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »

Well, we'll have to see how the disc reviews.

T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #130 : July 24, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »

I can't argue that, but I don't exactly have faith in BU.

I do need to admit that I'm ignorant to their entire process. Hopefully they get handed a great transfer, if that's the case.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
Sundance
Gunslinger

« #131 : July 25, 2014, 05:32:06 AM »

I don't know for sure but I think the problem is that basically almost all of their Italian stuff has been done by LVR in Italy and their scanning equipment sucks. The results vary a lot between the films but they would all look better if handled by some other lab with different (better) equipment. I don't know if BU doesn't realize the transfers suck or if they are forced to use LVR by the rights holders. Or if they care....

Reviewers who give good scores for the PQ for the releases are simply wrong.  :P

Inferno for example looks good but the scan was made in the USA.

Raro USA has the same kind of problems or actually maybe even worse. The Hanging For Django "new 2k scan from original negative" Blu is a fucking joke. They certainly don't seem to care. :P And fuck the reviews. ;) I don't know what lab they use but it wouldn't surprise me if its LVR. I can think of only like 3-4 releases from them that are good enough for me and the scans on all those were very likely handled by some other company and Raro just distributes the discs.

Arrow UK also used these shitty transfers in the beginning but they actually did something about that and are releasing quality now.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #132 : March 21, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »

New Blu Ray of this looks pretty good, definitely worth the upgrade over dvd although not mind-blowing in terms of picture quality. This film has grown on me after a couple viewings although it's probably because I love "the Mercenary" so much and it's just reminding me of that....but it's a decent watch, gets a little bogged down in the politics but every time it does, they just have Franco Nero pick up a machine gun and all is right again. There's small moments of brilliance here and there but just as many moments where it seems they were just phoning it in. If you like this film then I recommend "the Mercenary", it's my fav spaghetti outside of Leone. (although only available as a Blu from Germany)

The commentary is ok...nothing particularly revelatory, but neither person commented worked on the film so I guess that's to be expected.

There's a small interview section carried over from DVD with Milan and Nero, and a bunch of trailers. Overall a decent release.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #133 : March 21, 2015, 12:23:22 PM »

New Blu Ray of this looks pretty good, definitely worth the upgrade over dvd although not mind-blowing in terms of picture quality. This film has grown on me after a couple viewings although it's probably because I love "the Mercenary" so much and it's just reminding me of that....but it's a decent watch, gets a little bogged down in the politics but every time it does, they just have Franco Nero pick up a machine gun and all is right again. There's small moments of brilliance here and there but just as many moments where it seems they were just phoning it in. If you like this film then I recommend "the Mercenary", it's my fav spaghetti outside of Leone. (although only available as a Blu from Germany)

I completely agree. There is some brilliant stuff in Companeros mixed with some pretty lazy storytelling. And Morricone's score is a beauty too.

The Mercenary is the 3rd best Spaggie, behind OUTW and GBU of course. Closely followed by The Great Silence.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #134 : March 21, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »

I like it a lot also.  O0 O0 O0

: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines