Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 01:53:22 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The File on Thelma Jordan (1950)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: The File on Thelma Jordan (1950)  ( 190 )
moorman
Gunslinger

« : July 13, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »

Let me start off by saying that when Tony went upside Cleve's head and knocked him out, i cheered...this Cleve dude (Wendell Corey) was a sucker...😁 He got a wife and kids at home but think's he is out big balling with Thelma ( Barbara Stanwyck).  Through the WHOLE film, his wife Pamela ( Joan Tetzel) kept wanting him to call her so that they could talk and work on their marriage and he kept flipping her off with " later ".   I was glad Tony went upside that head...

My rant out of the way. This was a pretty good film even though you could smell Thelma coming a mile away. ( everybody but Cleve). In fact, the major suspense here was how far Cleve was gonna dive off into this one. He dove deep.  Unlike Witness for the Prosecution, you knew that Thelma and Tony was up to something. Cleve even knew about Tony and still fell in love with Thelma.  Its a credit to the director and the screenwriter that they made this predictable plot actually work.  Its a good film and worth a look. Barbara did good work here even though the plot wasn't much to work with.  If I had saw this back in 1950 I would give it a 8 out of 10. Adjusted for inflation, I give it a 7.5 out of 10...   Late edit. I didn't know that Robert Siodmark directed this. No wonder the direction was soo good.

« : July 13, 2018, 02:43:40 PM moorman »
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : July 13, 2018, 03:00:01 PM »

This the one with the cigarette to the eyeball?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
moorman
Gunslinger

« #2 : July 13, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »

This the one with the cigarette to the eyeball?

She got him SOMEWHERE in the face......lmao

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #3 : July 13, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »

She got him SOMEWHERE in the face......lmao

I seen it then, just didn't think a lot of it at the time to comment. I linked this to the Noir List.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #4 : July 16, 2018, 07:39:28 AM »

The interesting part of the film is when Cleve is supposedly prosecuting Thelma while at the same time surreptitiously working for the defense. This is well done and provides quite a bit of suspense. And of course there's the irony of Thelma playing Cleve the whole time but finally falling for him in the end (hence the eyeball and deathbed confession). Stany is very good here--I rank this performance up there with those in The Other Love and No Man Of Her Own.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
greenbudgie
Gunslinger

« #5 : July 21, 2018, 06:18:50 AM »

A must see as it has Barbara Stanwyk and Robert Siodmak involved. BS proves that she is one of the top (if not indisputably top) femme fatales.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines