Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 03:37:57 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ballad of Buster Scruggs
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Ballad of Buster Scruggs  ( 3742 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #45 : January 23, 2019, 04:37:41 PM »

Ok, I didn’t see that coming:
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/coen-brothers-buster-scruggs-oscar-nom-adapted-screenplay-not-original-1202037160/

;D
You mean, you can get nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay even if only parts of the movie are adapted? And if the adapted parts are separate adaptations? Yeah, well, I'm sure the rules are just vague enough that people can get away with whatever.

That article sure had some good links, though:
https://americanliterature.com/author/stewart-edward-white/short-story/the-girl-who-got-rattled
http://www.online-literature.com/london/49/

I appreciate being able to read the originals.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #46 : January 24, 2019, 02:45:20 AM »

Yes I read the opening paragraph of The Girl Who Got Rattled and I liked it a lot.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #47 : January 24, 2019, 11:56:27 AM »

I went through "All Gold Canyon" this morning and was impressed by how closely the Coens stuck to London's telling. One obvious addition was the bit where the prospector goes up into the tree and steals the owl eggs. I think that was an addition worth making. The other change was swapping out the obscure song the guy sings for the too-well-known "Mother McCree." OK, maybe they needed to change the song, but they should have gone with something less obvious. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the adaptation, and I say again it's much easier to grasp the mechanics of prospecting visually rather than having to read about it.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #48 : January 24, 2019, 03:31:32 PM »

I went through "All Gold Canyon" this morning and was impressed by how closely the Coens stuck to London's telling. One obvious addition was the bit where the prospector goes up into the tree and steals the owl eggs. I think that was an addition worth making. The other change was swapping out the obscure song the guy sings for the too-well-known "Mother McCree." OK, maybe they needed to change the song, but they should have gone with something less obvious. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the adaptation, and I say again it's much easier to grasp the mechanics of prospecting visually rather than having to read about it.

Exactly, its why I love that scene in The Sand Pebbles where Steve McQueen is explaining how the steam engine works to Po-han.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #49 : May 29, 2019, 06:30:14 AM »

I just watched the first Episode, and ha ha, it was marvellous. I actually watched it the third Time now, I Love it. Now to the 2nd one ...

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #50 : May 29, 2019, 12:21:07 PM »

I just watched the first Episode, and ha ha, it was marvellous. I actually watched it the third Time now, I Love it. Now to the 2nd one ...
You're all right, stanton, I don't care WHAT noodles_leone says about you! ;D

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #51 : May 29, 2019, 01:13:55 PM »

Noodies? He loves me, why?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #52 : May 29, 2019, 01:28:15 PM »

Noodies? He loves me, why?
Gotcha!  O0

: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines