Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2019, 02:25:25 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New 4K Restoration Blu-Ray (March 2019)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
: New 4K Restoration Blu-Ray (March 2019)  ( 10077 )
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #45 : April 09, 2019, 07:05:05 PM »

Thank you very much. Glad to help get the word out about the right cuts whatever way I can.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #46 : April 09, 2019, 10:56:12 PM »

Thanks so much for making this, I feel like i can speak for everyone here and say that all of your hard work is appreciated.

definitely!

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #47 : April 10, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »

I'd give you guys the old thumbs up sign but it's no longer an option haha.

https://vimeo.com/327409583

Judging from JK's comparison video, the German release looks like it has a little more detail. I don't mind a sharpened look as long as it's not egregiously unfaithful to the source material - should I go with the German release over the Kino? It's also really cheap.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #48 : April 10, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »

should I go with the German release over the Kino?
Why not get both? Then you'll be out-Drinking Drink. O0

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #49 : April 10, 2019, 09:00:03 PM »

Why not get both? Then you'll be out-Drinking Drink. O0
It's going to be the fourth time I've bought this movie (fifth if I buy both copies), I don't want to challenge my six GBU purchases. I hope someone else has that beaten.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #50 : April 10, 2019, 10:06:43 PM »

It's going to be the fourth time I've bought this movie (fifth if I buy both copies), I don't want to challenge my six GBU purchases. I hope someone else has that beaten.

for FAFDM, I have the MGM DVD, MGM BRD, Mondo BRD, and this new KL BRD (which I did not watch yet). So I have 4 copies.

for GBU, I have the theatrical release DVD, MGM Restored DVD, MGM BRD, Mondo BRD, and the KL piss BRD. So that's 5.

FOD I have the MGM DVD, MGM BRD, and the beautiful Ripley's BRD. 3 copies

OUATITW: Paramount DVD and BRD. 2 copies

DYS: MGM DVD and BRD. 2 copies

OUATITW: WB DVD, WB BRD, and WB extended Cut BRD. 3 copies.

MNIN: RLJ BRD. 1 copy

That's just hard copies. I also purchased on iTunes, and have on my computer, digital copies of FOD, FAFDM, GBU, OUATITW, and OUATIA. (I believe FOD, FAFDM, and GBU are the MGM DVD versions; OUATITW is the Paramount DVD version; and OUATITW is the WB DVD version).

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #51 : April 11, 2019, 02:58:03 AM »

for FAFDM, I have the MGM DVD, MGM BRD, Mondo BRD, and this new KL BRD (which I did not watch yet). So I have 4 copies.

for GBU, I have the theatrical release DVD, MGM Restored DVD, MGM BRD, Mondo BRD, and the KL piss BRD. So that's 5.

FOD I have the MGM DVD, MGM BRD, and the beautiful Ripley's BRD. 3 copies

OUATITW: Paramount DVD and BRD. 2 copies

DYS: MGM DVD and BRD. 2 copies

OUATITW: WB DVD, WB BRD, and WB extended Cut BRD. 3 copies.

MNIN: RLJ BRD. 1 copy

That's just hard copies. I also purchased on iTunes, and have on my computer, digital copies of FOD, FAFDM, GBU, OUATITW, and OUATIA. (I believe FOD, FAFDM, and GBU are the MGM DVD versions; OUATITW is the Paramount DVD version; and OUATITW is the WB DVD version).

you win

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #52 : April 11, 2019, 01:50:29 PM »

I do not dare to count  ;D.

Usually I sell my films once I updated... No need to keep 2-4 disc's on every title...
But not Peckinpah, or McQueen or Leone, I kept them all...
Therefore I have about 60 or 70 Leone's still hanging around here, from all over the world (Super-8 / VHS / LaserDisc / DVD / Blu-ray).

I haven't seen the new FDM yet. The German is fine regarding running time,
but I never liked the quality of the master - FDM has a lot of night scenes for a Leone film, and they
don't look that great at all. I hear the new one looks better - BUT IS NOT COMPLETE. Oh well... I have
the ability to look into the future and I seeee... 'ol Mike having dinner guests for New Year's Eve 2032
who will ask me "What was your highlight in 2031 Mike?" "Oh that great summer... AND they finally
released a perfect Leone Blu-ray!! Maybe we'll have another one before I die !!"

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #53 : April 12, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »

You guys definitely win.

Could anyone please explain the issues with the German bluray, it looks incredibly detailed in JK's comparison video? Do people not like it because it looks too sharp? I personally like transfers with lots of detail and depth, as long as they are faithful enough to the original vision.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

« #54 : April 12, 2019, 08:14:42 PM »

You guys definitely win.

Could anyone please explain the issues with the German bluray, it looks incredibly detailed in JK's comparison video? Do people not like it because it looks too sharp? I personally like transfers with lots of detail and depth, as long as they are faithful enough to the original vision.

It's digitally sharpened. The new transfer at first glance appears softer in stills, but it is more natural in motion. The German isn't bad but it was definitely manipulated. It also has some speckles/neg dirt that seems to be all cleaned up on the Kino.

mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #55 : April 13, 2019, 12:18:32 AM »

Speaking of the devil, I received my samples yesterday...
To make it short: that's the only one I will watch in the future! It looks five
times as good as the German. No need to go into detail, the film never
looked as good before on homevideo. For me that's way more important
than
a.) the missing 44 seconds from the German print (a SHAME nevertheless)
b.) some minor issues with the top of the frame: there are a few takes
where you see the top borderline of the frame. Not too many times,
but I don't like such things, it distracts the viewer. See image...

But again: the overall image quality is terrific, no need to think about
it twice, as a Leone fan this is the one to go for.

« : April 13, 2019, 08:48:03 AM mike siegel »

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #56 : April 13, 2019, 02:42:49 AM »

Thanks

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #57 : April 13, 2019, 08:03:10 AM »

Thanks so much, I'll definitely be getting the Kino release.

It's so strange how pictures only show up when mobile browsing. To those who can't see the screencap Mike posted, use your mobile browser and you'll probably be able to see it.

« : April 13, 2019, 08:04:43 AM T.H. »

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #58 : April 13, 2019, 05:41:47 PM »

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews45/for_a_few_dollars_more_blu-ray.htm

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
Le Bon
Bounty Killer

You'd better be Bill Carson

« #59 : May 30, 2019, 02:02:13 AM »

Might seem picky but did anyone notice the gun shots are out of sync on the opening credits. A friend pointed it out as he also noticed it at the widescreen weekend event screening at Bradford in the UK in 2014 which was distributed by Park Circus.

: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines