Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 11:33:31 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  New 4K Restoration Blu-Ray (March 2019)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
: New 4K Restoration Blu-Ray (March 2019)  ( 12286 )
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #75 : August 07, 2019, 08:56:46 AM »

It’s because of the damn trains!

;D ;D
You bet!

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #76 : August 07, 2019, 09:14:06 AM »

“What about our partnership?” “Maybe next time.”

I don't know if he will continue with bounty hunting, but I'm 99% sure "maybe next time" is just a polite way to say "Nope."
Also, to me, the rise of the sad/nostalgic music just with this line underlines that one way or another this is the end of the relationship and of Mortimer. I'm pretty sure the guy just fades away as he rides toward the sunset as the romantic hero from a lost age he is.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #77 : August 07, 2019, 09:56:12 AM »

I don't know if he will continue with bounty hunting, but I'm 99% sure "maybe next time" is just a polite way to say "Nope."
Also, to me, the rise of the sad/nostalgic music just with this line underlines that one way or another this is the end of the relationship and of Mortimer. I'm pretty sure the guy just fades away as he rides toward the sunset as the romantic hero from a lost age he is.

Exactly.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #78 : August 07, 2019, 09:58:52 AM »

You have said the things that are true.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #79 : August 07, 2019, 11:21:16 AM »

Dats right.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #80 : August 07, 2019, 08:06:03 PM »

“Maybe next time” is perhaps setting up for possibility of a sequel?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #81 : August 08, 2019, 03:06:26 AM »

“Maybe next time” is perhaps setting up for possibility of a sequel?

Maybe in the screenplay, who knows. But to me, definitely not considering the way the line is delivered, the shot is framed and lighted and the music is written around it.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #82 : August 08, 2019, 07:47:46 AM »

Maybe next time I'll buy what Drink is selling.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines