Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2020, 07:35:50 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Ramon Rojo's shooting skill
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Ramon Rojo's shooting skill  ( 3176 )
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« : January 28, 2019, 05:42:51 PM »

I saw 5 minutes of this film again the other night. 

Concerning Ramon Rojo's shooting skill, how much practice did he ever have with a Gatling gun???  Likely: none.  I mean, he shot and killed all those Mexican soldiers using the US Army's Gatling gun, killed all the Mexican soldiers, and did not even hit a single horse !!!  Maybe Leone's budget did not allow for horse carcasses/dummies.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #1 : January 29, 2019, 03:38:20 AM »

I saw 5 minutes of this film again the other night. 

Concerning Ramon Rojo's shooting skill, how much practice did he ever have with a Gatling gun???  Likely: none.  I mean, he shot and killed all those Mexican soldiers using the US Army's Gatling gun, killed all the Mexican soldiers, and did not even hit a single horse !!!  Maybe Leone's budget did not allow for horse carcasses/dummies.

Obviously yes.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #2 : February 28, 2020, 02:26:35 PM »

Yesterday, I saw an old Wagon Train episode from 1961 guest starring Don Rickles ("Wagon to Fort Anderson").  Albert Salmi (first) and then Robert Forster held off about 25 Indians using a cavalry Gatling gun, and they were just as skilled as Ramon in avoiding killing or wounding ANY horses.  These guys all had pretty good aim for first time using one.

patriciagon
Road Apple

« #3 : June 14, 2020, 10:25:11 AM »

i like the theory of budget, i also thought the same the last time i saw the movie and i was curios about the subject of the shot

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines