Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 06, 2021, 10:15:06 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Lee Van Cleef "interview" in italian (1968) in a night show
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Lee Van Cleef "interview" in italian (1968) in a night show  ( 1855 )
titoli
Bounty Killer

« : August 02, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSeqkiE6PIE

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #1 : January 10, 2021, 01:45:18 PM »

It was this, I suppose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD4vR56XA2M&ab_channel=YuriAmadori

Sincere LVC, and almost crying trying to speak Italian. :D

« : January 14, 2021, 10:26:24 AM Dust Devil »

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #2 : January 11, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »

It was this, I suppose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD4vR56XA2M&ab_channel=YuriAmadori

Yeah.

The year before this show, that same MOC (Corrado Mantoni) gave me a money prize (5000 lire: about $90 of the time) as "best 4th grader "  for 1966.   So you see, apart from the money they gave him for this show, me and LVC share some memory.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #3 : January 14, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »

Yeah.

The year before this show, that same MOC (Corrado Mantoni) gave me a money prize (5000 lire: about $90 of the time) as "best 4th grader "  for 1966.   So you see, apart from the money they gave him for this show, me and LVC share some memory.

''Best 4th grader'' in Italy, or 'just' Rome? (By grade average, I presume.) Impressive nevertheless, congratulations! :)

90 bucks must have been a tidy sum for a 4th grader, in Italy of the 60s.  :o

« : January 14, 2021, 10:28:52 AM Dust Devil »

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #4 : January 15, 2021, 02:00:43 PM »

''Best 4th grader'' in Italy, or 'just' Rome? (By grade average, I presume.) Impressive nevertheless, congratulations! :)

90 bucks must have been a tidy sum for a 4th grader, in Italy of the 60s.  :o

As my report was all A it could have been best of the world, but actually it was just some competition for the children of the employees of the Rome power network. And as the US dollar was, if I remember well, about 600 lire, actually my money was even less than $90. But they didn't give me the money, they opened up up a bank account. I don't think it was such a great sum, even for 1966-7. But it sure was for a boy of 10 with no clue how to spend it. I left it untouched for years.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #5 : January 22, 2021, 11:10:56 PM »

As my report was all A it could have been best of the world, but actually it was just some competition for the children of the employees of the Rome power network. And as the US dollar was, if I remember well, about 600 lire, actually my money was even less than $90. But they didn't give me the money, they opened up up a bank account. I don't think it was such a great sum, even for 1966-7. But it sure was for a boy of 10 with no clue how to spend it. I left it untouched for years.

First place is first place! ;)

That's what I meant. Good money for a kid.

P.S. I never got any award or cash myself, but then again I don't believe I ever had all As. Not even in first grade.  :-[

titoli
Bounty Killer

« #6 : January 23, 2021, 04:24:07 AM »

I also remember my grandma being so excited she could watch Corrado in person. He was also the host on the radio of a Amateur's Hour weekly show. At the time there were only two national tv channels and two national radio AM channels. Local radio fm and tv's came in the late '70s. So whoever got his mug on tv or his voice on the wireless was a real star.   

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #7 : January 23, 2021, 07:31:57 AM »

Speaking of Lee Van Cleef, I can see him in this ensemble photo of actors who were in US TV series.

I also see Alan Hale Jr., Larry Storch, Jay Silverheels, Iron Eyes Cody, Clayton Moore, Milburn Stone, Ken Curtis, James Garner, Neville Brand...

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #8 : January 23, 2021, 11:36:53 AM »

You may think it's Clayton Moore, but how can we know for sure? Could be any tall man in a mask.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #9 : January 24, 2021, 07:27:27 AM »

You may think it's Clayton Moore, but how can we know for sure? Could be any tall man in a mask.

I wanted to thank him, and he gave me a silver bullet.  Anyway, he's standing on something, he's not 6' 8" !!!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #10 : January 25, 2021, 03:34:30 AM »

Whos the guy in the front row with the tennis racket?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #11 : January 25, 2021, 07:50:14 AM »

Whos the guy in the front row with the tennis racket?

He does seem a little out of place, agree !!! 

Cusser
Bounty Killer

« #12 : February 16, 2021, 04:59:19 PM »

I cannot recommend this YouTube for its content, but his daughter has corrected some of the myths concerning him in the comments section.  She said he was a hair under 6 foot, cut off the end of his finger making a picture frame (not a doll house), etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z17BDaTPEz4

Yes, the narrator calls him "Cleef" and pronounces Leone as "LEE OWN" so best part is Deborah Van Cleef's comments.  Some below.

His eyes were the same color...Hazel.

I have no idea about the myth. My only comment is that he wasn't the man on screen or in interviews. I will say he wasn't a "bad" man, just that he was damaged and the alcohol didn't help. And to set the record straight about his missing finger tip...he cut it off with an electric saw while building a frame for his art. I was in my teens and his adopted daughter was also too old for a doll house. He was a sensitive man.

His third wife had a bad habit of calling him Cleefy. Like fingernails on a blackboard. Nicknames aren't something he ever liked.

people in the public eye get a lot of things made up about them...for attention, to be connected with someone famous. To correct another piece of misinformation, he wasn't 6'1", he was slightly less than 6'. The heels on western boots added the extra height.

Yes, he was definitely not like anyone in these times, except the fact he wore a mask in public as we all do now, for the same reason, self-protection. He was a very private person. I have chosen not to correct misinformation but rarely. Let's leave it at the fact he was one person in public and a different person in private. But thank you for your interest, and I am glad you enjoy his work.

His appearance has to do with his Dutch and Native American ancestry, his movements from ballet lessons as a teenager. All an unusual combination.

I am glad you enjoy his work. Youngest son is deceased, my older brother is still alive.

I'm not sure you understand the difference between the man on the screen or being interviewed by Johnny Carson and the man himself. The one you refer to is a fantasy, the one on camera and around people is not the man in his home, the private man. I'm glad you enjoy his WORK and public personality. I hope you continue to do so, but please remember he was playing a part, he was wearing a mask as we all have to in these times. His mask was invisible and very convincing. Enjoy your 'fan'tasy.

He was in movies and tv series from 1952 in Hollywood and was well known there. His second movie, "High Noon" is very famous as was Dad, just not as a leading man but as the bad guy.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines