Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 14, 2019, 07:39:34 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Happy 55th Birthday 🎂
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Happy 55th Birthday 🎂  ( 466 )
LITTLE BIG MAN
Gunslinger

« : September 24, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/clint-eastwood-fistful-of-dollars/

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : September 25, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »

Leone wanted to make a Western because he thought there was a market for them in Europe that wasn't being satisfied by the films Hollywood was putting out. So he wrote a script, copying the plot of Japanese director Akira Kurosawa's 1961 samurai film Yojimbo, without asking for the rights, and found locations in Spain to shoot.

But he also thought that having an American actor in the lead role might make his movie a hit . . .
Where do they get the people to write this stuff. Here we have yet again the canard that Leone was the first to make an Italian western. And then there is the suggestion that casting an American in an Italian production was a Leone innovation and new for this film, as if the sword-and-sandals pictures had never been made. And then the person who wrote this even got paid for his/her disinformation. Sheesh!

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #2 : September 25, 2019, 12:32:20 PM »

More like... ultimate classic crock

It's even funnier that Leone directed a sword and sandal movie with an American lead actor three years prior. At least this journalist was unintentionally wrong.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines